Whats the best price video card for the following specs ?...

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

whats the best card ( for a good price) for this system ?

- Duron 800
- 184 megs ram
- 80 gig drive

I want to be able to run simple games..nothing demanding like Doom3 or HL2.
I've seen listed: a sapphire radeon 9250 128mg 128bit for $73 CDN and a
sapphire radeon 9600 256meg card for $135 CDN. I think anything more would
be spending more money than necessary due to the system wouldnt make use
anything more powerful. Any suggestions ?

"Brad" <nospam@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> whats the best card ( for a good price) for this system ?
>
> - Duron 800
> - 184 megs ram
> - 80 gig drive
>
> I want to be able to run simple games..nothing demanding like Doom3 or
> HL2. I've seen listed: a sapphire radeon 9250 128mg 128bit for $73 CDN
> and a sapphire radeon 9600 256meg card for $135 CDN. I think anything
> more would be spending more money than necessary due to the system
> wouldnt make use anything more powerful. Any suggestions ?

Emm, a 64MB card like the 9200SE is fully sufficient for your system.
The Duron just dont cut it.