changing client protocol...

how can i change client protocol to 47 ?
server says that "sever uses protocol 47 and client 46"
any ideas ? ;)

bai
4 answers Last reply
More about changing client protocol

    bailif wrote:
    > how can i change client protocol to 47 ?
    > server says that "sever uses protocol 47 and client 46"
    > any ideas ? ;)

    Assuming you're trying to play online, and not LAN, You need to update
    your version of HL to use Steam, which is Valve's online mechanism.

    get Steam from http://www.steampowered.com

    Steam converts your existing game files to it's own format, effectively
    copying your existing files to the new Game Cache files. it will spend
    some time downloading the updates too.

    --
    Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

    Hi,

    In article <ct5lgt$92i$1@213.17.150.54>,
    bailif<esemesowy_NO@SPAM_wp.pl> wrote:
    > how can i change client protocol to 47 ?
    > server says that "sever uses protocol 47 and client 46"
    > any ideas ? ;)

    I imagine that means you're running an older version than the server is.

    Is this HL1 or 2? You need an update whichever it is. HL2 updates are
    applied automatically. HL1 updates may need to be downloaded and applied.

    Andy

    "Ben Cottrell"

    > I'm aware of these, although I would only suggest them as a 'last resort',
    > since the servers are unsecured

    *cough* one should set up ones own server and have ones friend join applying
    the usual password of ones choice

    Joining and unknown, unsecure server is asking for trouble
    So is joining a steam server not protected by vac :-)

    - Peter

    Peter Lykkegaard wrote:
    > "Ben Cottrell"
    >

    >>I'm aware of these, although I would only suggest them as a 'last resort',
    >>since the servers are unsecured
    >

    > *cough* one should set up ones own server and have ones friend join applying
    > the usual password of ones choice
    >
    > Joining and unknown, unsecure server is asking for trouble
    > So is joining a steam server not protected by vac :-)

    Ah yes, Good point :)

    I'm not sure what the OP wanted to do.. I got a feeling he wasn't trying
    to join a game with friends, else they would surely have told him?

    --
    Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

Games Servers Video Games