Cannot use programms although have administartor rights

I share a computer with mt two sisters and we all have administrator rights
but I can only use programms when logged on as my sister. My other sister has
the same problem as myself. The icons show when I am logged on but I cannot
use any of the programms. Can anyone help as I am not very good with
computers. Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot programms administartor rights

    In news:1DB5403D-AADD-4FEE-B05F-FE07FED9FD8E@microsoft.com,
    Harmonica1982 <Harmonica1982@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > I share a computer with mt two sisters and we all have administrator
    > rights but I can only use programms when logged on as my sister. My
    > other sister has the same problem as myself. The icons show when I am
    > logged on but I cannot use any of the programms. Can anyone help as I
    > am not very good with computers. Thanks.

    The easiest method is to right click the file, select run as, and from there
    use your sister's credentials if she doesn't mind. Alternatively you may
    need to install it on each user account for some applications (so I'm told
    though I don't understand why - bad programming and registry hives not
    being loaded nor accessable was the answer I got) so that those users can
    use the application. Again, some applications will have an option (you may
    need to do a custom installation option during setup) to install for all
    users.

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

Microsoft Windows XP