Group Policy on a local machine?

I know a desktop guy who says they've locked down a stand-alone machine
(non-domain) for inmates at a local prison and restricted IE. However, when
they log on as an admin it's available.

I want to do the same thing for my kids. How is this done? I thought the
local computer policy applied to ALL users. What am I missing?
Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about group policy local machine

    Additionally, see www.dougknox.com, Win XP Utilities, Windows XP Security Console.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B77FBF4-9AA5-4A6C-85E0-8FE4EB178511@microsoft.com...
    >I know a desktop guy who says they've locked down a stand-alone machine
    > (non-domain) for inmates at a local prison and restricted IE. However, when
    > they log on as an admin it's available.
    >
    > I want to do the same thing for my kids. How is this done? I thought the
    > local computer policy applied to ALL users. What am I missing?
    > Thanks!

Policy Internet Explorer Windows XP