RADEON X850 XT PLATINUM EDITION 256 MB PCIE

"Agent777" <Agent777@n0-n0-na.net> wrote in message
>I wonder if these will be as (non)avaiable as the X800xt?
>
> http://shop.ati.com/product.asp?sku=2599077

I think the X800 XL looks to be the most interesting card of the new stuff
coming out. Surely the bang for the buck factor will be there, especially
at the inevitable end of the product cycle.

But one thing is that I will NOT allow myself to be forced into the position
of having to change my motherboard because of PCI Express. If I, as an AGP
owner, cannot be accomodated, I won't be buying. I know I speak for a lot
of other users too when I say that. I have a perfectly good 2.8GHz
processor and nothing out there (within a reasonable price range) is a
compelling upgrade for me, especially when my current system easily runs
everything the way I want.

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=Njk3

The cards you should watch for are the X800XL and X800 "plain"...

> http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=Njk3
>
> The cards you should watch for are the X800XL and X800 "plain"...

> "Agent777" <Agent777@n0-n0-na.net> wrote in message
>> I wonder if these will be as (non)avaiable as the X800xt?
>>
>> http://shop.ati.com/product.asp?sku=2599077

All this marketing nomenclature is quite confusing. On the X800 side, the
X800 XT is faster than the X800 Pro, but with the X850 the Pro the fastest
of the line above XT even.

Huh? The X850 Pro has 12 pipes; the X850XT has 16.

ATi's lineup was a lot murkier in the old days: 3D Rage II, II+, IIc,
IIc+PC2TV... Pro, Pro Turbo, XL... Then you add in the retail box names like
Mach64, 3DXpression, 3DCharger, Xpert98, 99, 2000...

I was looking for an old ATi card to play MechWarrior2, which used the 3DCIF
interface (basically ATi's Glide) and had a difficult time differentiating
the various cards.

"HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote in message

> All this marketing nomenclature is quite confusing. On the X800 side, the
> X800 XT is faster than the X800 Pro, but with the X850 the Pro the fastest
> of the line above XT even.

There are 2 on EBAY with a BUT-IT-NOW price of $1100 each.