Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Switching From Domain to Workgroup with file access problems

Tags:
  • Domain
  • Security
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
a b 8 Security
May 3, 2005 4:37:20 PM

I moved a PC (WinXP) OFF a domain into a workgroup. There are files under the
old identity needed and getting a "content is not accisible and access
denied" properties does not show security settings or allow it to be shared
or copied. whats the trick to merge or copy the identity? yes I am logged in
the local settings as the administrator.

More about : switching domain workgroup file access problems

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 3, 2005 11:42:30 PM

Tooanoyu wrote:
> I moved a PC (WinXP) OFF a domain into a workgroup. There are files under the
> old identity needed and getting a "content is not accisible and access
> denied" properties does not show security settings or allow it to be shared
> or copied. whats the trick to merge or copy the identity? yes I am logged in
> the local settings as the administrator.

HOW TO Take Ownership of a File or Folder in WinXP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q308421

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: