login and logout times - XP Home Edition

Hi - need a way to check a teenager's use of XP home edition. is there an
easy way to verify login and logout times for a user? Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about login logout times home edition

    Thanks! That looks like a good parental control product, but I was thinking
    more of capabilities within XP itself. Can I set and monitor user "hours of
    use" for logging in? Thanks again!

    "dave kramer" wrote:

    > Hi - need a way to check a teenager's use of XP home edition. is there an
    > easy way to verify login and logout times for a user? Thanks!

    IamBigBrother
    http://www.iambigbrother.com/

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "dave kramer" wrote:

    | Hi - need a way to check a teenager's use of XP home edition. is there an
    | easy way to verify login and logout times for a user? Thanks!

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0518-1, 05/02/2005
    Tested on: 5/3/2005 5:43:51 PM

    dave kramer wrote:
    > Thanks! That looks like a good parental control product, but I was thinking
    > more of capabilities within XP itself. Can I set and monitor user "hours of
    > use" for logging in? Thanks again!
    >
    > "dave kramer" wrote:
    >

    >>Hi - need a way to check a teenager's use of XP home edition. is there an
    >>easy way to verify login and logout times for a user? Thanks!

    I don't know if XP Home allows for it, but in Windows XP Pro you can set
    up Audit policies to audit logon events so you can know when a user has
    logged into the machine.
    Also (still in Pro) you can use the "net user /time" command line
    utility to limit the authorized logon hours for a user. You may
    eventually couple this to the "Force logoff when logon hours expire" policy.

    About the http://www.iambigbrother.com/ mentioned in another posting,
    well, it really gives a "Big Brother is watching you" kind of feeling
    with all the privacy violations it implies. Personally I wouldn't like
    to be watched like that :-(

    All that being said, the best is a good education ;-)

    Eduardo

Login Microsoft Windows XP