windows update error message 0x8ddd0018

get the above error message when trying to get into windows update.
anyone?
winxp home sp2
cannot get any updates .

Kue2 wrote:

> get the above error message when trying to get into windows update.
> anyone?
> winxp home sp2
> cannot get any updates .
Hi,

Most likely because the "Automatic Updates" service is not set to
Automatic, or is failing to start.

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, double-click on Automatic Updates

3. In the Startup type list, if not already set to Automatic,
click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

If the service is missing or will not start, try this:

1. Click Start.

2. Choose Run.

3. In the Run box, type (or copy/paste from this post)

regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll

(note the space there in the middle)

4. Click OK.

After the regsvr32 command, start regedit.exe
and locate the key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\wuauserv

If you find a DeleteFlag value there, delete the DeleteFlag value.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Thank -you for your reply problem solved{:))))).
Seems a virus or trojan got on my daughter's computer,it disabled Windows
update Avg anti-virus,& windows firewall.
Had to reinstall AVG then reapplied SP2 (lucky I had the Sp2 on CD as the
windows update did not work. The sp2 fixed the firewall,but did not fix the
windows updates.
Your answer hepled me solve the problem. I again have windows updates working.
Thank-you "Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" .The mircosoft antisypware program got me
started looking in the right direction, when I ran it.It found 5 sypware on
her computer.It had also disabled "The Real Time Protection" of microsoft's
antispyware. Thanks again for the quick response.