frodo

I just bought my first digital camera, a Kodak CX6330. It's easy
enough to get still photos from the camera to my Mac using the USB
cable and iPhoto. However, I can't figure out how to get a video from
the camera to my computer. The instruction manual talks about how to
take videos, but no word on how to transfer them. It's probably
something obvious.....

Anyway, if someone could tell me how to do this, I'd appreciate it...

Thanks, Frank

Usually it is the same way as transferring pictures. You just copy and
paste. Who knows what method Kodak may have come up with though.

"Frodo" <frodo@eel.org> wrote in message
> I just bought my first digital camera, a Kodak CX6330. It's easy
> enough to get still photos from the camera to my Mac using the USB
> cable and iPhoto. However, I can't figure out how to get a video from
> the camera to my computer. The instruction manual talks about how to
> take videos, but no word on how to transfer them. It's probably
> something obvious.....
>
> Anyway, if someone could tell me how to do this, I'd appreciate it...
>
> Thanks, Frank

Greetings Frank,

You are right, it is actually quite easy. First let me know if you used the
Kodak software, i.e. EasyShare (the software that came with the camera?).
If you are the files will be transferred. Actually, Kodak uses Apples
Quicktime with its software on the PC as well as the Mac. What version of
OS are you using? What are the features of your computer? We can tell just
what is up by reviewing them. Following are the minimum requirments of the
software.

Minimum Hardware Requirements
a.. Power Mac G3, G4, G5, G4 Cube; iMac, PowerBook G3, G4; iBook
a.. 16-bit color (thousands or millions)
a.. 1024x768 display
a.. 128 MB RAM
a.. 200 MB available storage
Operating System Requirements
a.. Mac OS X v10.2.3 Jaguar or v10.3 Panther
a.. Mac OS X 10.1.5 and lower is not supported
a.. Mac OS 9.x and lower is not supported
a.. Internet access for online printing, sharing, and emailing
Required Apple Software
a.. Safari 1.0
QuickTime 6.3
How do you fare in the list of requirements? If you meet them all and are
using the correct version, then you should be able to get your pictures and
the Quicktime files. I wonder, Frank, if you are transferring a large video
file? I have found that sometimes, the Apple Image Capture Application
(ICA) may fail under very unique circumstances when transferring large movie
files. Kodak EasyShare software uses 'ICA' to transfer images and movies.
Since I am unsure of your system featiures just yet, consider this as well.
Apple has suggested that you can likely overcome the large file issue by:

1. You defragment or optimize your system in order to resolve this problem.
2. Or, as an alternative, use a card reader to transfer these files.

Let me know. Talk to you soon.

Ron Baird

Eastman Kodak Company

"Frodo" <frodo@eel.org> wrote in message
> I just bought my first digital camera, a Kodak CX6330. It's easy
> enough to get still photos from the camera to my Mac using the USB
> cable and iPhoto. However, I can't figure out how to get a video from
> the camera to my computer. The instruction manual talks about how to
> take videos, but no word on how to transfer them. It's probably
> something obvious.....
>
> Anyway, if someone could tell me how to do this, I'd appreciate it...
>
> Thanks, Frank

frodo

I'm using an eMac with 1 GB of RAM running Panther 10.3.3.

It turns out that Kodak Easyshare 3.3 *did* recognize the fact that I
had a video in the camera, and I was able to transfer the QuickTime
file to my Mac. iPhoto 4.01 *never* recognized the video. So now I
know to use the EasyShare software when importing videos...

Thanks for the info - it's nice to see a Kodak representative helping
people out on Usenet!