9600 pro sapphire or powercolor

jean

My system is abit nf7-s 512mb dual channel mem 400 mhz running at 266
processor athlon xp 2400
power supply 450 watt.
os is winxp sp2

I would like to know if the sapphire card is better than the power color
the card i'm looking for is a 9600 pro 256mb.
the prices are 179 cdn for the powercolor and 140 cdn for the sapphire.

I like to play games but the budget is low and i can't afford a new gen card
or even the 9800 series.

if not how about the gfx fx 5700le td-256 dvi tvout from msi for 150 cdn.

Jleduc

In article Jean says...
> My system is abit nf7-s 512mb dual channel mem 400 mhz running at 266
> processor athlon xp 2400
> power supply 450 watt.
> os is winxp sp2
>
> I would like to know if the sapphire card is better than the power color
> the card i'm looking for is a 9600 pro 256mb.
> the prices are 179 cdn for the powercolor and 140 cdn for the sapphire.
>
> I like to play games but the budget is low and i can't afford a new gen card
> or even the 9800 series.

Radeon 9700Pro on EBay. Nearly same performance as a 9800 Pro.

--
Conor

Legal leeching....
www.pricelessware.org

"Conor" <conor.turton@gmail.com> wrote in message
> In article Jean says...
>> My system is abit nf7-s 512mb dual channel mem 400 mhz running at 266
>> processor athlon xp 2400
>> power supply 450 watt.
>> os is winxp sp2
>>
>> I would like to know if the sapphire card is better than the power color
>> the card i'm looking for is a 9600 pro 256mb.
>> the prices are 179 cdn for the powercolor and 140 cdn for the sapphire.
>>
>> I like to play games but the budget is low and i can't afford a new gen
>> card
>> or even the 9800 series.
>>
> Radeon 9700Pro on EBay. Nearly same performance as a 9800 Pro.
>

> --
> Conor
>
> Legal leeching....
> www.pricelessware.org

Hell for that matter, if you're gonna go eBay, you can probably find a 9800
Pro used for under 150 CDN

jean

"Conor" <conor.turton@gmail.com> wrote in message
> In article Jean says...
>> My system is abit nf7-s 512mb dual channel mem 400 mhz running at 266
>> processor athlon xp 2400
>> power supply 450 watt.
>> os is winxp sp2
>>
>> I would like to know if the sapphire card is better than the power color
>> the card i'm looking for is a 9600 pro 256mb.
>> the prices are 179 cdn for the powercolor and 140 cdn for the sapphire.
>>
>> I like to play games but the budget is low and i can't afford a new gen
>> card
>> or even the 9800 series.
>>
> Radeon 9700Pro on EBay. Nearly same performance as a 9800 Pro.
>

> --
> Conor
>
> Legal leeching....
> www.pricelessware.org
wich i could do it but really can't afford the higher ones
i really dont know the one i should take so some poeple
told me the 5700 ultra is good but more expensive than the 9600 pro .
me i like the ati product never had problem before
i have a 9200 se 64 mb and it still play doom3 a little slower
maybe but still playable thats why i would like to go
for a 9600 pro 256mb.

I presently use an ATI 9600XT. Prior to buying I checked around & more
people were having problems with the powercolor than with sapphire.

the 256 ram is no better than the 128mg ram as most games are not
configured to use the extra ram, maybe in the futur.

Locust.