Raedon 9600 secondary display - Where did it come from?

It seems like my frame rates in Doom 3 went down. Looking around for a
reason, I noticed that I have a secondary display listed in device
manager (a second 9600).

I disabled it from the device manager window. Is there a setting or
jumper that ATI provides that will offer a better way to disable the
second display?

Will that secondary display slow my games down?

Thank you for your time and help;
Frank
2 answers Last reply
More about raedon 9600 secondary display from

    Philadelphia Frank wrote:
    > It seems like my frame rates in Doom 3 went down. Looking around for a
    > reason, I noticed that I have a secondary display listed in device
    > manager (a second 9600).
    >
    > I disabled it from the device manager window. Is there a setting or
    > jumper that ATI provides that will offer a better way to disable the
    > second display?
    >
    > Will that secondary display slow my games down?
    >
    > Thank you for your time and help;
    > Frank

    Look on the back of your card.... you see a second output for another
    monitor? The secondary display adapter is for that - it's normal and,
    AFAIK, wont affect your frame rates.

    On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 02:15:54 +0000, Shawk <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses>
    wrote:

    >Philadelphia Frank wrote:
    >> It seems like my frame rates in Doom 3 went down. Looking around for a
    >> reason, I noticed that I have a secondary display listed in device
    >> manager (a second 9600).
    >>
    >> I disabled it from the device manager window. Is there a setting or
    >> jumper that ATI provides that will offer a better way to disable the
    >> second display?
    >>
    >> Will that secondary display slow my games down?
    >>
    >> Thank you for your time and help;
    >> Frank
    >
    >Look on the back of your card.... you see a second output for another
    >monitor? The secondary display adapter is for that - it's normal and,
    >AFAIK, wont affect your frame rates.

    Thank you for the help. I'll keep looking for the slowdown problem.

    Frank

Radeon Device Manager ATI Graphics Displays