Admin Security

In Feb, I created a new password for the admin acct. After ten wks, without
ever using this account I forgot the password. How do I get logged on now?I
can't get passed the log on page without this password....
2 answers Last reply
More about admin security

    Clean Install Windows XP

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    "charlie pinter" wrote:

    | In Feb, I created a new password for the admin acct. After ten wks, without
    | ever using this account I forgot the password. How do I get logged on now?I
    | can't get passed the log on page without this password....

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0518-3, 05/04/2005
    Tested on: 5/4/2005 8:45:38 PM

    Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:

    > Clean Install Windows XP
    > http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html

    It is absolutely unnecessary for the OP to clean install Windows because
    he forgot the Administrator logon password!

    To the OP: Here are some links to help you. You can use the ntpasswd
    program to change the Administrator password to a blank. Once you are
    logged in using the blank password, go to the User Account applet in
    Control Panel and change the Administrator password to something you
    will remember.

    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/lostpass.htm - lost password info
    http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ - NTpasswd program

    Malke