In Feb, I created a new password for the admin acct. After ten wks, without
ever using this account I forgot the password. How do I get logged on now?I
can't get passed the log on page without this password....

Clean Install Windows XP

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

"charlie pinter" wrote:

| In Feb, I created a new password for the admin acct. After ten wks, without
| ever using this account I forgot the password. How do I get logged on now?I
| can't get passed the log on page without this password....

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0518-3, 05/04/2005
Tested on: 5/4/2005 8:45:38 PM

Malke

Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:

> Clean Install Windows XP
> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html

It is absolutely unnecessary for the OP to clean install Windows because
he forgot the Administrator logon password!

To the OP: Here are some links to help you. You can use the ntpasswd
program to change the Administrator password to a blank. Once you are
logged in using the blank password, go to the User Account applet in
Control Panel and change the Administrator password to something you
will remember.

http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/lostpass.htm - lost password info
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ - NTpasswd program

Malke