Forgot Administrator password

Iv forgotten the admin password for my PC and now using a ristricted account.
is there any way i can gain acess to admin account with out formating the PC.

Please help.
3 answers Last reply
More about forgot administrator password

    Zaid wrote:

    > Iv forgotten the admin password for my PC and now using a ristricted
    > account. is there any way i can gain acess to admin account with out
    > formating the PC.
    >
    > Please help.

    Yes. Here are some links to help. You can use the NTpasswd program to
    reset the Administrator password to a blank. Once you have done that,
    log in with that account and go to the User Accounts applet in Control
    Panel. Set the Administrator account password to something you will
    remember.

    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/lostpass.htm - lost password
    http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ - NTpasswd

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    When I try to change my home page I get the message "This opertation has been
    cancelled due to restriction in effect on this computer. Contact your systems
    administrator". This is a home computer and I have changed the home page in
    the past with no problem. What had changed and how to I change it back>

    Genmom
    --
    Genmom

    Genmom wrote:

    > When I try to change my home page I get the message "This opertation has been
    > cancelled due to restriction in effect on this computer. Contact your systems
    > administrator". This is a home computer and I have changed the home page in
    > the past with no problem. What had changed and how to I change it back>
    Hi,

    See http://www.dougknox.com/, Win XP Fixes, Fix Internet Options Restrictions

    Your IE is most likely hijacked...

    The Parasite Fight Quick Fix Protocol
    http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

    Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Security Microsoft Windows XP