Forgot Administrator password

May 5, 2005 4:50:04 AM

Iv forgotten the admin password for my PC and now using a ristricted account.
is there any way i can gain acess to admin account with out formating the PC.

Please help.
May 5, 2005 12:45:07 PM

Zaid wrote:

> Iv forgotten the admin password for my PC and now using a ristricted
> account. is there any way i can gain acess to admin account with out
> formating the PC.
>
> Please help.

Yes. Here are some links to help. You can use the NTpasswd program to
reset the Administrator password to a blank. Once you have done that,
log in with that account and go to the User Accounts applet in Control
Panel. Set the Administrator account password to something you will
remember.

http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/lostpass.htm - lost password
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ - NTpasswd

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

When I try to change my home page I get the message "This opertation has been
cancelled due to restriction in effect on this computer. Contact your systems
administrator". This is a home computer and I have changed the home page in
the past with no problem. What had changed and how to I change it back>

Genmom
--
Genmom

"Malke" wrote:

> Zaid wrote:
>
> > Iv forgotten the admin password for my PC and now using a ristricted
> > account. is there any way i can gain acess to admin account with out
> > formating the PC.
> >
> > Please help.
>
> Yes. Here are some links to help. You can use the NTpasswd program to
> reset the Administrator password to a blank. Once you have done that,
> log in with that account and go to the User Accounts applet in Control
> Panel. Set the Administrator account password to something you will
> remember.
>
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/lostpass.htm - lost password
> http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ - NTpasswd
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 18, 2005 4:04:28 PM

Genmom wrote:

> When I try to change my home page I get the message "This opertation has been
> cancelled due to restriction in effect on this computer. Contact your systems
> administrator". This is a home computer and I have changed the home page in
> the past with no problem. What had changed and how to I change it back>
Hi,

See http://www.dougknox.com/, Win XP Fixes, Fix Internet Options Restrictions

Your IE is most likely hijacked...

The Parasite Fight Quick Fix Protocol
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: