Linksys USB wireless adapter

cb4017

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
Just installed Windows 7 on a spare computer. For an Internet connection my intent was to use a Linksys USB wireless adapter.

When I plug in the adapter, Windows does not recognize it and labels it unknown hardware.
I used another computer to download the latest drivers from the Linksys website and installed the software and drivers on the Windows 7 machine.

The Linksys software and USB adapter do not seem to be communicating.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Cliff

17rawr

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Make sure that you download the Vista drivers to out on your Windows 7 not XP drivers. Also Windows 7 is in beta still so you never really know what your going to expect. Maybe the Linksys USB is just meant for XP and can't use the new architecture that both Vista and Windows 7 use.
Hope the helps,

2friars

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
I've got the same problem with a netgear adaptor WN111v2. I did get it to work for an hour but then went away, came back to find that it didn't again.

I installed the new Version 3 driver for it from the Netgear website (Compatible with Win7 it says), but didn't help. The Wizard program with it crashes when opening

I thought what fixed it the first time was unplugging and plugging in again the router. But i've tried that again and it still is not managing to see the wireless network.

I have laptop on Win7 which can connect without issue so it's definitely the adaptor/driver/PC settings

Does this sound similar to your issues?

carmalia

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
:pfff: ya he adquirido adaptadores(linksys WUSB54GC y NETGEA wireless y no es posible conectar con mi computadora, el cd no se puede instalar, busque por la WEB los controladores y nada, que me sugieren I"m need help, please

TRENDING THREADS