Ad-Hoc Connection is always there...

I set up an Ad-Hoc connection netween 2 laptops and it worked perfectly, but now on the one laptop running Xp Pro It ALWAYS shows a connection to the Ad-Hoc netowrk, even if there are no other systems around. It shows Excellent signal strength and Max Speed as soon as I boot. I have even booted it in an area I KNOW has no other wireless and it still shows a connection. How do I kill this thing, it's driving me nuts.....
1 answer Last reply
More about connection there

    Contact vendor of your WLAN card and request updated driver.

    --PA

    "Rossb907" <Rossb907@msn.com> wrote in message news:A6D3390F-98D1-43F4-B587-A6E09E0FAF15@microsoft.com...
    > I set up an Ad-Hoc connection netween 2 laptops and it worked perfectly, but now on the one laptop running Xp Pro It
    ALWAYS shows a connection to the Ad-Hoc netowrk, even if there are no other systems around. It shows Excellent signal
    strength and Max Speed as soon as I boot. I have even booted it in an area I KNOW has no other wireless and it still
    shows a connection. How do I kill this thing, it's driving me nuts.....

Wireless Laptops Connection Wireless Networking