Arctic coolers

Mike

Splendid

>Such choice for a 9800 pro owner:
>http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Arctic_Cooling.html
>
>I'm not interested in o/clocking the card, just keeping fan noise to a
>minimum. Would one of the cheaper models suffice?
>
>Cheers

YES
Get the cheap Vers. 3 at around 8 quid.

Extremely good coolers and quiet too. I dont know how they make them for so
little money.

I've fitted several to systems and they are really good, especially when used on
the 9800 series cards, I've recently fitted one to my newly aquired 6800 GT
card (NV5 version) and although its slightly cooler and less noisy than the
stock cooler, I think its slightly noisier that the 9800 versions of the cooler.

Mike

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 13:50:40 GMT, Mike <dy73ui39aHe5@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>>Such choice for a 9800 pro owner:
>>http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Arctic_Cooling.html
>>
>>I'm not interested in o/clocking the card, just keeping fan noise to a
>>minimum. Would one of the cheaper models suffice?
>>
>>Cheers
>
>YES
>Get the cheap Vers. 3 at around 8 quid.
>
>Extremely good coolers and quiet too. I dont know how they make them for so
>little money.
>
>I've fitted several to systems and they are really good, especially when used on
>the 9800 series cards, I've recently fitted one to my newly aquired 6800 GT
>card (NV5 version) and although its slightly cooler and less noisy than the
>stock cooler, I think its slightly noisier that the 9800 versions of the cooler.
>
>Mike

Cheers Mike,
My experience of stock coolers (mobo, vga...) is that they eventually
go noisy or give up completely. The ati fan seems to be working like
mad, so a more efficient solution would seem to be in order.

Steve

--
steve <AT> steveevans <DOT> org

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 13:31:55 +0000, Steve Evans <no@spam> wrote:

> I'm not interested in o/clocking the card, just keeping fan noise to a
> minimum. Would one of the cheaper models suffice?

An old model will do. I put the VGA Silincer rev. 3 on my 9800 Pro, and
it works very well. Inaudible and sufficient cooling. Another advantage
of the old models is that they are smaller. The new ones can extend an
inch or more beyond the back of the card, which can make them collide
with hard drives.

Kind regards,
Danny Sanders www
(o o)
| This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons. |