Omega Drivers are Out!

wahay!

http://www.omegadrivers.net/
22 answers Last reply
More about omega drivers

    On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 15:34:23 -0000, "The Berzerker"
    <Berzerker@wooooooo.com> wrote:

    >wahay!
    >
    >http://www.omegadrivers.net/

    Christmas has come early but the bad news is about the Dragonball U
    mod

    http://www.dragonballu.net/

    --

    Julian Richards
    computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

    XP Home
    L7S7A2 motherboard
    Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines 438/364 with Omega drivers
    1 GB RAM
    10 GB + 80 GB HDs
    CD+DVD/CDRW drives

    "The Berzerker" <Berzerker@wooooooo.com> wrote in message
    > wahay!
    >
    > http://www.omegadrivers.net/

    What do they do, that normal drivers dont?

    Martin.

    Marni wrote:
    > "The Berzerker" <Berzerker@wooooooo.com> wrote in message
    >> wahay!
    >>
    >> http://www.omegadrivers.net/
    >>

    > What do they do, that normal drivers dont?

    Stop Half Life 2 from working in my case. Had to go back to ATI's 4.12
    betas...

    "Toe Jam" <toejam@yourfoot.com> wrote in message
    > Marni wrote:
    > > "The Berzerker" <Berzerker@wooooooo.com> wrote in message
    > >> wahay!
    > >>
    > >> http://www.omegadrivers.net/
    > >>

    > > What do they do, that normal drivers dont?
    > >

    > Stop Half Life 2 from working in my case. Had to go back to ATI's 4.12
    > betas...

    What happened? My 9800 Pro works fine.

    Although, I must say, some kind of option must have been reset... because I
    went through an episode of failed fullscreen attempts. There's just
    something with my machine, certain games have problems with it, and just
    won't let the games run full screen, of even run. So I have to tweak config
    files, or play it safe, until I finally get it how I want.

    Fortuantely half-life 2 has a safe mode, and i just setup the video options
    from this, and things are back to how they were.

    On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 00:23:44 +0100, "Marni" <martinknudd@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >"The Berzerker" <Berzerker@wooooooo.com> wrote in message
    >> wahay!
    >>
    >> http://www.omegadrivers.net/
    >>

    >What do they do, that normal drivers dont?
    >
    >Martin.

    Check out #3 for the cool extras:

    * Based on the Catalyst 4.12 Beta drivers.

    * New Radlinker installation method, now it should install correctly
    every time.

    * Fixed gamma issues with color control panel.

    * WMV acceleration is now off by default, you can turn it on in the
    Options panel. (for Laptops with issues-pluvious)

    * New quick shortcut for Radlinker, just right click your desktop and
    go directly
    to all the Advanced 3D settings.

    * Fixed Standby/Suspend/Hibernation bug.

    * Added a lot of new resolutions for wide screen monitor/dfp users.

    * Fixed the Forced Anisotropic settings, now they should not reset to
    Performance mode.

    * Removed the special Counter Strike OpenGL from the package, now that
    CS:S is available,
    this is no longer necessary.

    * Fixed some uninstall issues, now the drivers should completely be
    removed if you select
    to do so.

    **************
    Important Notes:

    1. Well, at last, the fix for the dreaded overlay video on some
    laptops bug has been found.
    The cause IS NOT the ATI drivers or any of my settings, the cause
    is a hardware bug, more
    specifically a BIOS bug. In the testing, many people already
    updated their Sager notebooks
    with a new BIOS provided by Sager and the video problem is GONE!
    So I encourage you to
    go to your manufacturer's web page and see if a new bios update has
    been issued for your
    laptop, and if not, e-mail the manufacturer so they can rush out a
    fix for this.

    2. CCC will work with the Omega Drivers, but is NOT recommended that
    you install it, all
    the functions found in CCC are already included with RadLinker
    Omega Edition or will
    be included in a near future as this new CP project develops.

    3. Now the Omega Drivers will use a built-in, special RadLinker
    version ("Advaced 3D" tab)
    with the following features:

    > Uses NO resources.
    > Doesn't require .NET to work.
    > New settings for both D3D and OGL.
    > Golbal controls to set both D3D and OGL in one pass.
    > Automatic Per-application profiles.
    > Integrated Overclocking.
    > Desktop and Game Color/Gamma control.
    > Game Color/Gamma control for profiles.
    > Temporal AA settings (T2 & T3) and Temporal AA Threshold control.
    > Trilinear filtering can be forced for Anisotropic filtering.
    > Catalyst AI support.

    This new CP was made in conjunction with ChrisW, maker of
    Radlinker, as an exclusive
    feature for the Omega Drivers and we will keep adding features in
    future releases.

    4. Since RadLinker is now a vital part of the Omega Drivers, it will
    not be an option
    to select during setup anymore, it will now automatically look for
    and uninstall ANY
    previous version and replace it with the new one.

    **************
    REMINDERS:

    A- If you have the normal ATI drivers installed, uninstall the ATI
    Control Panel
    BEFORE upgrading to these drivers, the Omega Drivers already have
    the CP
    integrated and another CP will cause conflicts or other problems.

    B- There is no need to uninstall ANY previous drivers (ATI or OMEGA)
    when
    installing these, the new ones will overwrite any previous
    settings, but if
    you still want to uninstall them completely, is ok.

    C- In Windows 2k/XP, ALWAYS disable DDC in the ATI "Displays/Monitor"
    CP after
    installing drivers to be able to use ALL the refresh rates and
    resolutions
    your monitor supports, also this is the best way to avoid the 60Hz
    RR bug.

    D- The WDM drivers for VIVO and AIW cards are not included, but they
    can be
    downloaded separately from a link in my drivers page.

    E- The Radeon cards do support FastWrites and they will work with it
    on
    (on some machines), but it is not recommended, there is NO SPEED
    gain
    when using FW, and this option will affect your PC's stability a
    LOT,
    most game crashes and problems are because FW is enabled.

    F- Install the included Multires utility to have access to ALL the
    available
    resolutions in the Omega Drivers, standard Windows doesn't show all
    of them.

    G- Always uninstall the previous version of RadLinker before
    installing the new
    one included in the latest Omega Drivers.

    H- After installing the new drivers and rebooting, if your desktop is
    SLOW and
    games won't run, is because AGP acceleration has been disabled by
    Windows, in
    order to fix this you MUST re-install the latest AGP chipset
    drivers for your
    Mother Board (this also includes laptops). After rebooting check
    the Advanced
    SmartGart Options in the Omega Start Menu and see if at least
    AGP/PCI read are
    both ENABLED, if all of them are enabled, the better, but some MBs
    doesn't
    support AGP/PCI write functions, if all still disabled, just click
    on "Retest
    All" and press OK to restart.

    I- If you are using an Omega soft-mod and you are experiencing
    crashes, black
    screens, artifacts or the "check board effect" during game play,
    run the new
    included Driver Swapper utility and select the Normal driver, the
    reason is
    that your card is not accepting the soft-mod due to
    broken/incompatible
    hardware.

    J- See Omega FAQ on my site for further questions.

    I don't recommend the use of ANY external tweakers with my drivers
    (specially
    Rage3D Tweaker), as they override my special settings and will make my
    work
    useless. The only time I recommend a tweaker is when you have a
    specific
    problem with a specific tweak and need to change it in order to make
    the drivers
    work correctly. Also if you use a tweaker for overclocking, FSAA,
    Gamma or
    Aniso settings, is just fine, but you'll be better off using the
    integrated ATI
    CP for that (which is ok by me if you change any setting in it).

    If you have any problems with this drivers please go to my webpage and
    look in
    the ATI help section for answers. If still have problems look for the
    drivers
    thread in www.driverheaven.net forums and let me know what is going
    on.

    If you happen to find a new tweak or fix for a specific game or many
    games
    and it proves that it works then drop me an E-Mail (don't post it in
    the
    forums), I'll make sure credit will be granted to that person in this
    INFO file.

    IMPORTANT: Don't bother ATI about these drivers as they are
    unsupported by them!

    "Marni" <martinknudd@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "The Berzerker" <Berzerker@wooooooo.com> wrote in message
    >> wahay!
    >>
    >> http://www.omegadrivers.net/
    >>

    > What do they do, that normal drivers dont?
    >
    > Martin.

    When I got my X800 XT I could not get Far Cry to work with any of the ATI
    drivers, so I tried the Omega drivers and it worked.

    The Omega drivers are the ATI drivers that have been tweaked to run better
    with games.

    They killed OpenGL in my case. I ran Driver Cleaner and went back to
    my Omega 2567s and all is well. I may try again, running Driver
    Cleaner 1st next time to see if that works. Never had any problems
    with upgrading his drivers before this.. The 9500->9700 softmod works
    great..

    GP

    >On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 19:26:17 +0000, Julian Richards <see@sig.co.uk> wrote:
    >On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 15:34:23 -0000, "The Berzerker"
    ><Berzerker@wooooooo.com> wrote:
    >
    >>wahay!
    >>
    >>http://www.omegadrivers.net/
    >
    >Christmas has come early but the bad news is about the Dragonball U
    >mod
    >
    >http://www.dragonballu.net/

    Quick follow up. Removed drivers and ran Driver Cleaner in Safe Mode,
    rebooted and installed new Omega's. This time I have OpenGL and all
    seems great except I am missing a row of tabs in Control Panel and
    can't adjust FSAA, etc... What did I miss?

    GP

    >On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 10:44:59 -0500, G. Patricks <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote:
    >They killed OpenGL in my case. I ran Driver Cleaner and went back to
    >my Omega 2567s and all is well. I may try again, running Driver
    >Cleaner 1st next time to see if that works. Never had any problems
    >with upgrading his drivers before this.. The 9500->9700 softmod works
    >great..
    >
    >GP
    >
    >>On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 19:26:17 +0000, Julian Richards <see@sig.co.uk> wrote:
    >>On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 15:34:23 -0000, "The Berzerker"
    >><Berzerker@wooooooo.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>wahay!
    >>>
    >>>http://www.omegadrivers.net/
    >>
    >>Christmas has come early but the bad news is about the Dragonball U
    >>mod
    >>
    >>http://www.dragonballu.net/

    Never mind, skipped over RadLinker install.. ran the (re)install and
    all is well, seem to work without issues..

    GP

    >On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 11:51:34 -0500, G. Patricks <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote:
    >Quick follow up. Removed drivers and ran Driver Cleaner in Safe Mode,
    >rebooted and installed new Omega's. This time I have OpenGL and all
    >seems great except I am missing a row of tabs in Control Panel and
    >can't adjust FSAA, etc... What did I miss?
    >
    >GP
    >
    >>On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 10:44:59 -0500, G. Patricks <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote:
    >>They killed OpenGL in my case. I ran Driver Cleaner and went back to
    >>my Omega 2567s and all is well. I may try again, running Driver
    >>Cleaner 1st next time to see if that works. Never had any problems
    >>with upgrading his drivers before this.. The 9500->9700 softmod works
    >>great..
    >>
    >>GP
    >>
    >>>On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 19:26:17 +0000, Julian Richards <see@sig.co.uk> wrote:

    >>>Christmas has come early but the bad news is about the Dragonball U
    >>>mod
    >>>
    >>>http://www.dragonballu.net/

    I think what you want is under: Advance 3D/ 3D It's the top line along
    with others below it.

    Randy

    "G. Patricks" <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
    : Quick follow up. Removed drivers and ran Driver Cleaner in Safe Mode,
    : rebooted and installed new Omega's. This time I have OpenGL and all
    : seems great except I am missing a row of tabs in Control Panel and
    : can't adjust FSAA, etc... What did I miss?
    :
    : GP
    :
    : >On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 10:44:59 -0500, G. Patricks
    <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote:
    : >They killed OpenGL in my case. I ran Driver Cleaner and went back to
    : >my Omega 2567s and all is well. I may try again, running Driver
    : >Cleaner 1st next time to see if that works. Never had any problems
    : >with upgrading his drivers before this.. The 9500->9700 softmod works
    : >great..
    : >
    : >GP
    : >
    wrote:
    : >>On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 15:34:23 -0000, "The Berzerker"
    : >><Berzerker@wooooooo.com> wrote:
    : >>
    : >>>wahay!
    : >>>
    : >>>http://www.omegadrivers.net/
    : >>

    The Berzerker wrote:

    > "Toe Jam" <toejam@yourfoot.com> wrote in message
    > > Marni wrote:
    > > > "The Berzerker" <Berzerker@wooooooo.com> wrote in message

    > > > What do they do, that normal drivers dont?
    > > >

    > > Stop Half Life 2 from working in my case. Had to go back to ATI's
    > > 4.12 betas...
    > >

    > What happened? My 9800 Pro works fine.
    >
    > Although, I must say, some kind of option must have been reset...
    > because I went through an episode of failed fullscreen attempts.
    > There's just something with my machine, certain games have problems
    > with it, and just won't let the games run full screen, of even run.
    > So I have to tweak config files, or play it safe, until I finally get
    > it how I want.
    >
    > Fortuantely half-life 2 has a safe mode, and i just setup the video
    > options from this, and things are back to how they were.

    Did you install Multi-Res with it? I use ReForce which is similar, and
    had to knock those refresh rates down from 120 to 100. That was in
    1024*768 and under...

    --

    Dave

    Middlewood?.....Middle....Wood? We're in the middle of a wood!!

    Nothing.Wouldnt bother,i dont understand why they do.

    On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 06:53:54 -0500, "Z28" <z28@coolquiz.com> wrote:

    >The reason I bother is that Omega tunes the driver for us. I could do what
    >Omega does with ATI drivers but why the hell do I want to put myself through
    >that ever time I upgrade my drivers. If I have an issue with an Omega
    >setting such as I do with VPU Recover, I just uncheck it. But most of
    >Omega's settings are just the way I like them. Not to mention a custom
    >RadLinker. There are plenty of reasons to use Omega's drivers over ATI's
    >IMO!

    They also include the 9800SE softmod plus from what I can see they
    seem to have fewer problems most notably with updating to a newer
    version.
    --

    Julian Richards
    computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

    XP Home
    L7S7A2 motherboard
    Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines 438/364 with Omega drivers
    1 GB RAM
    10 GB + 80 GB HDs
    CD+DVD/CDRW drives
  14. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    > They also include the 9800SE softmod

    What is the "9800SE softmod"?
  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 15:46:32 -0000, "Bobby" <bobby@europe.com> wrote:

    >> They also include the 9800SE softmod
    >
    >What is the "9800SE softmod"?

    Some but not all 9800SEs with 4 pipelines can be made to run like
    9800(pro)s with the full 8 pipelines. With an Arctic cooler, mine runs
    as faster than XT.

    --

    Julian Richards
    computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

    XP Home
    L7S7A2 motherboard
    Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines 438/364 with Omega drivers
    1 GB RAM
    10 GB + 80 GB HDs
    CD+DVD/CDRW drives
  16. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    Actually I have it now. The problem was that I had skipped the
    Radlinker Install, and without it those property tabs aren't
    available. Did a (re) Install of Radlinker and all is well!

    GP

    >On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 16:49:32 -0600, "Randy" <cakeman47@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >I think what you want is under: Advance 3D/ 3D It's the top line along
    >with others below it.
    >
    >Randy
    >
    >"G. Patricks" <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
    >: Quick follow up. Removed drivers and ran Driver Cleaner in Safe Mode,
    >: rebooted and installed new Omega's. This time I have OpenGL and all
    >: seems great except I am missing a row of tabs in Control Panel and
    >: can't adjust FSAA, etc... What did I miss?
    >:
    >: GP
  17. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    good.

[...]
    : >:
    : >: GP
    :
  18. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    > What do they do, that normal drivers dont?
    >
    > Martin.

    Simple. They provide an outlet for compulsive tinkerers whose main goals in
    life are to generate random numbers, AKA benchmarks, and to bore the rest of
    us to death with their repetitive trivia.

    Cassandra.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    It's actually the opposite, the drivers are already set up with his
    recommended settings. If you want to make an ass of yourself at least try
    to learn at least a hint of what you're blabbering about first, so you won't
    look like a stupid ass.

    Mike

    "Fred Bloggs" <elly.fant@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    >> What do they do, that normal drivers dont?
    >>
    >> Martin.
    >
    > Simple. They provide an outlet for compulsive tinkerers whose main goals
    > in life are to generate random numbers, AKA benchmarks, and to bore the
    > rest of us to death with their repetitive trivia.
    >
    > Cassandra.

  20. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 00:32:27 GMT, "Mike" <mikepos1@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >It's actually the opposite, the drivers are already set up with his
    >recommended settings.

    I agree. Fit and forget.
    --

    Julian Richards
    computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

    XP Home
    L7S7A2 motherboard
    Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines 438/364 with Omega drivers
    1 GB RAM
    10 GB + 80 GB HDs
    CD+DVD/CDRW drives
  21. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    "Fred Bloggs" <elly.fant@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    > > What do they do, that normal drivers dont?
    > >
    > > Martin.
    >
    > Simple. They provide an outlet for compulsive tinkerers whose main goals
    in
    > life are to generate random numbers, AKA benchmarks, and to bore the rest
    of
    > us to death with their repetitive trivia.
    >
    > Cassandra.

    Upon installing Omega's drivers I noticed a 10fps gain in Doom 3 than ATI's
    drivers gave (Same release too, 4.10 i think)

    I'm pretty settled on Omega now. The latest release based on the 4.12b is
    great too. Sure I never tried ATI's 4.12b this time... but I'm sure the
    results will be much the same as they were for the 4.10s. Omega will be
    better, or at least the same.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 16:40:18 -0000, "The Berzerker"
    <Berzerker@wooooooo.com> wrote:

    >Upon installing Omega's drivers I noticed a 10fps gain in Doom 3 than ATI's
    >drivers gave (Same release too, 4.10 i think)

    And the Omegas are optimised for image quality not frame rate, which
    is an extra bonus.
    --

    Julian Richards
    computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

    XP Home
    L7S7A2 motherboard
    Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines 438/364 with Omega drivers
    1 GB RAM
    10 GB + 80 GB HDs
    CD+DVD/CDRW drives

Radeon Drivers ATI Graphics