Send Window to Another Monitor Feature??

I recently purchased a computer with a Radeon X300 Series video card
in it. I am using the dual monitor feature and really love it. I do
feel like a much needed feature is missing from the Utilities included
with this card though.

There is no feature to send a window to another monitor. The setup I
have at work is using an nvidia card and it has this feature.

Does anyone know if there is a utility or some drivers I am missing
somewhere that includes this feature for my card? The drivers I am
currently using are from ATI and the version is 6.14.10.6476.

Thanks for your help ahead of time.

martin

Forrest Samuels wrote:
> I recently purchased a computer with a Radeon X300 Series video card
> in it. I am using the dual monitor feature and really love it. I do
> feel like a much needed feature is missing from the Utilities included
> with this card though.
>
> There is no feature to send a window to another monitor. The setup I
> have at work is using an nvidia card and it has this feature.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a utility or some drivers I am missing
> somewhere that includes this feature for my card? The drivers I am
> currently using are from ATI and the version is 6.14.10.6476.
>
> Thanks for your help ahead of time.

You need to install Hydravision.

Martin

"Forrest Samuels" <fsamuels@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I recently purchased a computer with a Radeon X300 Series video card
> in it. I am using the dual monitor feature and really love it. I do
> feel like a much needed feature is missing from the Utilities included
> with this card though.
>
> There is no feature to send a window to another monitor. The setup I
> have at work is using an nvidia card and it has this feature.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a utility or some drivers I am missing
> somewhere that includes this feature for my card? The drivers I am
> currently using are from ATI and the version is 6.14.10.6476.
>
> Thanks for your help ahead of time.

Go find a program called UltraMon. You will love it.
It manages multi monitor situations and I can't live without it now.

On 4 Dec 2004 14:38:44 -0800, fsamuels@gmail.com (Forrest Samuels)
wrote:

>I recently purchased a computer with a Radeon X300 Series video card
>in it. I am using the dual monitor feature and really love it. I do
>feel like a much needed feature is missing from the Utilities included
>with this card though.
>
>There is no feature to send a window to another monitor. The setup I
>have at work is using an nvidia card and it has this feature.
>
>Does anyone know if there is a utility or some drivers I am missing
>somewhere that includes this feature for my card? The drivers I am
>currently using are from ATI and the version is 6.14.10.6476.
>
>Thanks for your help ahead of time.

There's a freeware app called wndhop.exe that will move a window to a
secondary monitor via a hotkey.
Worked for me - before I went back to my Matrox G450.

If you can't find it, let me know and I'll mail it ( 48Kb ).

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk