9800 Pro: Sudden death?

I turned on my computer this morning and voila, nothing at all. Quickly
replacing the card with an older video card I had kicking around solved the
problem.

Is is unusual for a video card to fail this way? In all the years I've been
using computers I've never seen this happen.

RRT

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Try reseating your card and also make sure the extra power connection is
attached.

"Top Secret" <top@secret.com> wrote in message
>I turned on my computer this morning and voila, nothing at all. Quickly
>replacing the card with an older video card I had kicking around solved the
>problem.
>
> Is is unusual for a video card to fail this way? In all the years I've
> been using computers I've never seen this happen.
>
> RRT

Of course, to conclusively identify your 9800 as the culprit, you will have
to reinsert it and ensure that the computer again fails to boot.