ati ALL-IN-WONDER 9000 V.9.03 Stops Recording

Hi,

Anyone knows why when recording it suddenly stops? Doesn't do it all the time,
but often enough.

Any tips on how it can be prevented?

I have Pentium 4, 2.8Ghz, Windows XP, 1Gb DDR Ram, 7200 rpm Drive

Thanks.

Nnxxm wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone knows why when recording it suddenly stops? Doesn't do it all the time,
> but often enough.
>
> Any tips on how it can be prevented?
>
> I have Pentium 4, 2.8Ghz, Windows XP, 1Gb DDR Ram, 7200 rpm Drive
>
> Thanks.

FAT32 file system on the destination drive?

Jez

Gordon Scott wrote:
> Nnxxm wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Anyone knows why when recording it suddenly stops? Doesn't do it all the time,
>>but often enough.
>>
>>Any tips on how it can be prevented?
>>
>>I have Pentium 4, 2.8Ghz, Windows XP, 1Gb DDR Ram, 7200 rpm Drive
>>
>>Thanks.
>

> FAT32 file system on the destination drive?

Indeed a possibility...

I was trying to copy a 5Gb file to my 2nd PC last week (LAN)...and
forgot that it was an XP-upgrade....
with...you guessed...a FAT32 format....It kept saying......inadequate
disc space on target drive sort-of error, with around 100Gb of free space !

Converted to NTFS and all worked fine....
FAT32 has a 4Gb limit, so anything over that will cause problems.

Quite pleased with the capture on the AIW9800 myself...but TWG !

--
Jez
'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable

Skype callto://hellward
NFS Porsche Unleashed, Hot Pursuit 2, Underground.
Yeowww

>FAT32 has a 4Gb limit, so anything over that will cause problems.

Thanks for the info, but it is not related to the size of the capture. I've
never recorded anything over 4gb.

It just stops working at any time regardless of size, sometimes it can stop at
the beginning after 2 to 15 mins recording... other times it doesn't stop at
all.

I wonder if maybe the other software I have running may cause some type of
interruption?

Should I close all of my other programs when recording?

I usually have aol, Corel Photopaint, and notetab light working.

Nnxxm wrote:

>>FAT32 has a 4Gb limit, so anything over that will cause problems.
>
> Thanks for the info, but it is not related to the size of the capture.
> I've never recorded anything over 4gb.
>
> It just stops working at any time regardless of size, sometimes it can
> stop at
> the beginning after 2 to 15 mins recording... other times it doesn't stop
> at all.
>
> I wonder if maybe the other software I have running may cause some type of
> interruption?
>
> Should I close all of my other programs when recording?
>
> I usually have aol, Corel Photopaint, and notetab light working.

I have a vague recollection that there was at one time a video capture
problem when using FAT32 on one drive and NTFS on another but I don't
recall the details now or if it was an ATI problem or a Microsoft problem
or how it got resolved. I resolved it on my systems by ditching FAT and
quit paying attention to the issue after that.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

"Nnxxm" <nnxxm@aol.com> wrote in message
> >FAT32 has a 4Gb limit, so anything over that will cause problems.
>
> Thanks for the info, but it is not related to the size of the capture.
I've
> never recorded anything over 4gb.
>
> It just stops working at any time regardless of size, sometimes it can
stop at
> the beginning after 2 to 15 mins recording... other times it doesn't stop
at
> all.
>
> I wonder if maybe the other software I have running may cause some type of
> interruption?
>
> Should I close all of my other programs when recording?
>
> I usually have aol, Corel Photopaint, and notetab light working.

You do not want anything unnecessary running while capturing, especially
other applications. I keep my LAN card disabled so it does not access the
bus.
If this is not enough and you are using W2K or XP go to blackviper.com and
get the list to turn off unneeded processes. Actually you should do this
anyway it will speed up the whole system.