System lockups with ATI when Capturing

I am running a Inter 2.8ghz system w/ 1GB Ram and 240GB of Disk (with
a lot free). I am also running the latest Carilyst and everything
else (downloaded from their web site about 2 weeks ago.)

Each time I attempt to record a program or use TV on demand my system
becomes unresponsive anywhere from 10 minutes to about 1 hour. Lack
of response is the first symptom, followed in about 10 seconds by a
loss of video. In order to get my system working again, I have to
power it down, or do a hardware reset.

Ideas would be most welcome!

Thanks,
Leith
--------------------------------

eddy

"Leith Cassone" <LCassone@usa.net> wrote in message
>I am running a Inter 2.8ghz system w/ 1GB Ram and 240GB of Disk (with
> a lot free). I am also running the latest Carilyst and everything
> else (downloaded from their web site about 2 weeks ago.)
>
> Each time I attempt to record a program or use TV on demand my system
> becomes unresponsive anywhere from 10 minutes to about 1 hour. Lack
> of response is the first symptom, followed in about 10 seconds by a
> loss of video. In order to get my system working again, I have to
> power it down, or do a hardware reset.
>
> Ideas would be most welcome!
>
> Thanks,
> Leith

Sounds like you have a driver conflict, I would uninstall/update all drivers
in the system, and see if thet sorts it out.

Eddy

TRENDING THREADS