Canon A-80 or Nikon 4300?

I've read lots of reviews and came up with these two on my short list.
Canon A-80 and Nikon 4300

Is there a general preference out there? They seem very similar.
Is there a better 4meg camera in the same price range I missed? I have
thought about the new Olympus Stylus 410, but its too new for any reviews.
Also thinking about the Nikon 4200 but its not out until June.
For the most part I'm a point and shoot type. I rarely switch to manual
mode on my Olympus 2040. My biggest reason for a new camera is to make
better enlargements.

All opinions welcome!

--jay
4 answers Last reply
More about canon nikon 4300

    jay wrote:
    I have
    > thought about the new Olympus Stylus 410, but its too new for any reviews.

    There are only a couple of differences between the 410 and the 400, so
    for the most part you could go by a review of the 400. I think mostly
    it is addition of white balance presets on the 410 vs just automatic on
    the 400, and pictbridge (connect directly to a compatible printer).

    You cannot go wrong with an Olympus Stylus.
    I have the 300 and 400.
    Very well built and produce perfect images.

    http://community-2.webtv.net/GEOH/FKEYS/

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_post.asp
    I compared the 410 with the 400.
    If you like money,remote control and self timer, go with the 400
    (Rebates available).

    http://community-2.webtv.net/GEOH/FKEYS/

    Looks like the Stylus 410 has remote control also. $279.00
    http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=OMST410

    http://community-2.webtv.net/GEOH/FKEYS/

Cameras Nikon Reviews Canon Peripherals