ATI built 9700 Pro 128 power connector pinout

Hi-

Just got a second hand one of these, card only (no manual, drivers, cables
etc.) The first two I am currently fetching from the ATI site.

As far as power goes, I can't see anything in the manual with a pinout, but
I found a picture of the cable. It looks like the pinout is identical to
the floppy drive power connectors. However, I can't be sure - it could be
reversed!

Can anyone confirm or deny, or give me the pinout of the connector on the
board?

Thanks!

My9700 pro is connected by a plain ole floppy power connector ....hope
that helps

"John Carlyle-Clarke" <jpcc@removethis.bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> Hi-
>
> Just got a second hand one of these, card only (no manual, drivers, cables
> etc.) The first two I am currently fetching from the ATI site.
>
> As far as power goes, I can't see anything in the manual with a pinout,
but
> I found a picture of the cable. It looks like the pinout is identical to
> the floppy drive power connectors. However, I can't be sure - it could be
> reversed!
>
> Can anyone confirm or deny, or give me the pinout of the connector on the
> board?

I have my old AIW8500DV connected via a 4-pin floppy connector. Given that
every PSU loom is going to include one or two connectors of this type ATI
would have to be immensely stupid to design a board with a similar connector
but different pinout. I'm not saying that's impossible, but you'd have heard
all the sob stories in this very group if they had!

/mel/

Heywood <> wrote in <bqm9r0hirvlgkl01u7cb04i1apakl512do@4ax.com>:

> My9700 pro is connected by a plain ole floppy power connector ....hope
> that helps

Great, thanks guys.