Radeon 9700 Pro, big problems...

I have had my Radeon 9700 Pro for a year and a half now, with no
problems. Just recently I was going to install the newest drivers from
ATI. First I uninstalled the old set of drivers, as prescribed by ATI,
and ran their Driver Cleaner 2 Utility, also instructed by them. I
restarted my system and went to install the new drivers which were
previously downloaded. Installation ran smoothly and it asked to reboot
my computer again, so I did. It restarted but once it got to the
welcome screen, it restarted by itself, again. Everytime it restarts,
it gets to the blue welcome screen and restarts. I'm hopelessly
desperate, pls send help. tia.

Can you start up in Safe Mode? If you you should be able to uninstall the
new drivers and revert to your previous version. You may even have a system
restore point that will take you back prior to installing the new drivers.

By the way, which version is giving you trouble? As I understand it Catalyst
4.11 is for RADEON X300, RADEON X600, and RADEON X800 AGP Series. 4.10 work
well with my 9200.

Good Luck,
Paul

Was it 4.11 that was giving you problems? I installed the 4.12 betas for my
9700 Pro, and they have been working perfectly with every game i have. I
have plenty. I am getting better framerates with them also. I have not tried
4.11. I moved from 4.9 to 4.12's, so if it was 4.11 you were having problems
with, try to uninstall them in safe mode, and use the 4.12 betas.