V-sync not working in HL2

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

I have v-sync turned on in the video options of HL2. I'm using the omega
ati driver version 412. In the driver control panel I have under DX
settings, vsync set to application. I still get tearing. It looks like
vsync is not on. I tried setting the video driver control to always on but
still no go. Any body else noticed this?

DaveL

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

Well, I figured it out myself. The Omega driver evidently has a bug. It
does not do v-sync at all (at least not in HL2). I switched to the ATI 4.11
and all is well.

DaveL

"DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I have v-sync turned on in the video options of HL2. I'm using the omega
> ati driver version 412. In the driver control panel I have under DX
> settings, vsync set to application. I still get tearing. It looks like
> vsync is not on. I tried setting the video driver control to always on
but
> still no go. Any body else noticed this?
>
> DaveL

DavidS

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2004

DaveL wrote:
> Well, I figured it out myself. The Omega driver evidently has a bug. It
> does not do v-sync at all (at least not in HL2). I switched to the ATI 4.11
> and all is well.
>
> DaveL
>

> "DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>>I have v-sync turned on in the video options of HL2. I'm using the omega
>>ati driver version 412. In the driver control panel I have under DX
>>settings, vsync set to application. I still get tearing. It looks like
>>vsync is not on. I tried setting the video driver control to always on
>
> but
>
>>still no go. Any body else noticed this?
>>
>>DaveL

There is some kind of a bug in 4.12 probably, co I had the same problem
- vsync was off, but after reinstalling 4.12 the vsync is on now and I
couldn't turn it off.

Has anyone experienced this problem as well ? This is rather problem
regarding to RadLinker that OmegaDrivers itselves.

David

SL

I hope im not mistaken. But I thought in the latest omega's, they turned it
off on purpose.

SL
"DavidS" <snapkad@rreemmoovvee.arsystem.cz> wrote in message
> DaveL wrote:
>> Well, I figured it out myself. The Omega driver evidently has a bug. It
>> does not do v-sync at all (at least not in HL2). I switched to the ATI
>> 4.11
>> and all is well.
>>
>> DaveL
>>

>> "DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>I have v-sync turned on in the video options of HL2. I'm using the omega
>>>ati driver version 412. In the driver control panel I have under DX
>>>settings, vsync set to application. I still get tearing. It looks like
>>>vsync is not on. I tried setting the video driver control to always on
>>
>> but
>>
>>>still no go. Any body else noticed this?
>>>
>>>DaveL
>>>

> There is some kind of a bug in 4.12 probably, co I had the same problem
> - vsync was off, but after reinstalling 4.12 the vsync is on now and I
> couldn't turn it off.
>
> Has anyone experienced this problem as well ? This is rather problem
> regarding to RadLinker that OmegaDrivers itselves.
>
> David

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

If so then why does their control panel let you turn it on?

DaveL

"SL" <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I hope im not mistaken. But I thought in the latest omega's, they turned
it
> off on purpose.
>
> SL
> "DavidS" <snapkad@rreemmoovvee.arsystem.cz> wrote in message
> > DaveL wrote:
> >> Well, I figured it out myself. The Omega driver evidently has a bug.
It
> >> does not do v-sync at all (at least not in HL2). I switched to the ATI
> >> 4.11
> >> and all is well.
> >>
> >> DaveL
> >>

> >> "DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote in message

> >> but

> > There is some kind of a bug in 4.12 probably, co I had the same problem
> > - vsync was off, but after reinstalling 4.12 the vsync is on now and I
> > couldn't turn it off.
> >
> > Has anyone experienced this problem as well ? This is rather problem
> > regarding to RadLinker that OmegaDrivers itselves.
> >
> > David

DavidS

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2004

Strange thing with my comp and this 4.12b .
vsync now working as it should although I don't know why.
I just reinstalled them once more and they work.
- uninstall
- reboot
- clean
- install
- reboot

There still might be some problem but I don't have enough time
to mess with these drivers as they worked the way I wont.