Radeon shows as unknow device

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

I have a Visiontek 9600XT running ATI 4.11 drivers. In device manager (XP),
the 9600XT's (primary and secondary) show up as Unknown. There are no
Diplay Adaptors. Everything is working fine though. Is this normal for ATI
drivers?

DaveL

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

Well, it seems I got it fingered out. No problem with the ATI drivers. My
registry had a minor flaw. Editing to add some strings to my first control
set has fixed it. Who knows how it got that way. I guess I monkeyed with
this PC too many times. Too many driver changes. While in there I noticed
all kinds of left overs from old hardware and software that I no longer
have. Oh well. I should probably leave it alone because this system works.

DaveL