I have some kind of strange un-deletable virus!

I have run Norton and Trend-Micro anti-virus programs and they have not
detected it. I have run many spyware programs and they don't detect it. I
have a virus that creates itself and changes its name every time I delete the
two files that it consists of (I delete them in safemode). Anyway, so right
now I am not in safemode, and I open up TaskManager. There it is, and this
time its filename is kbdtst3g.exe in C:\WINDOWS\system32 and
KBDTST3G.EXE-04E0A106.pf in C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch. I would now go into safemode
and search for these two files and delete them. When I restart, the files
will show up again, but with different file names. Could someone please help
me? Thanks!

-Erik

map

Post your ? at the forums here
http://spywareinfo.com/
You will receive excellent help.

--
Mike Pawlak

In article <180E92FC-41AB-45FB-A62A-96C02CD5958D@microsoft.com>,
"Dwyer17" <Dwyer17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>I have run Norton and Trend-Micro anti-virus programs and they have not
>detected it. I have run many spyware programs and they don't detect it. I
>have a virus that creates itself and changes its name every time I delete the
>two files that it consists of (I delete them in safemode). Anyway, so right
>now I am not in safemode, and I open up TaskManager. There it is, and this
>time its filename is kbdtst3g.exe in C:\WINDOWS\system32 and
>KBDTST3G.EXE-04E0A106.pf in C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch. I would now go into safemode
>and search for these two files and delete them. When I restart, the files
>will show up again, but with different file names. Could someone please help
>me? Thanks!
>
>-Erik

Download and install the Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) program.
go to Safe mode and run it repeatedly until it doesn't find anything
new. It's available from:

There are ways that malicious programs can hide from normal antivirus
and antispyware tools. To detect them:

1. Download and run the F-Secure Blacklight Rootkit Revealer, and have
it rename any files that it detects:

http://www.f-secure.com/blacklight/

2. Run an antivirus program that can remove viruses in alternate data
streams attached to normal files. One example is Avast 4:

Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com