3dmark 05 results....

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 8, 2004 8:48:51 PM

I got a score of 2185 on this:

1 gig generic pc2100 ram
9800 pro (latest omegas)
AMD 3000+ (333 fsb)
Abit KD7a (also 333 fsb)
C-media 8738 sound
XP Pro (w/sp2)
80gig HD (7200rpm)

Is this a decent score for this equipment? I havent purchased the full
version yet, so I cannot compare versus others.

thanks,
SL

More about : 3dmark results

Anonymous
December 8, 2004 10:32:20 PM

"SL" <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I got a score of 2185 on this:
>
> 1 gig generic pc2100 ram
> 9800 pro (latest omegas)
> AMD 3000+ (333 fsb)
> Abit KD7a (also 333 fsb)
> C-media 8738 sound
> XP Pro (w/sp2)
> 80gig HD (7200rpm)
>
> Is this a decent score for this equipment? I havent purchased the full
> version yet, so I cannot compare versus others.
>
> thanks,
> SL

Seems pretty good. With my Shuttle SS51G, P4 3.06, Radeon 9700 Pro, I got an
1884.

<brag on>Of course on my new rig I get almost 6000!!!</brag off> But that's
$1500 later so it better be improved!
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 2:38:17 AM

"SL" <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I got a score of 2185 on this:
>
> 1 gig generic pc2100 ram
> 9800 pro (latest omegas)
> AMD 3000+ (333 fsb)
> Abit KD7a (also 333 fsb)
> C-media 8738 sound
> XP Pro (w/sp2)
> 80gig HD (7200rpm)
>
> Is this a decent score for this equipment? I havent purchased the full
> version yet, so I cannot compare versus others.

Yes, it's a decent score- although the PC2100 RAM means your 3000+ is
running at an FSB of 266, and hence is substantially slower than 3000+
speeds. My system (AMD2600+, 1024Mb PC3200, Radeon 9700@340/290ish,
antiquated 20Gb HDD) gets a 3DM05 score of 2200.

And I haven't got the full 3DM05 either, and I can compare on ResultBrowser.
Why can't you?

no, and yes...."
Related resources
December 9, 2004 8:56:19 PM

"SL" <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote in

> I got a score of 2185 on this:

I get 2111 (running the default test)

> 1 gig generic pc2100 ram

512 RDRAM PC800

> 9800 pro (latest omegas)

ditto (ditto)

> AMD 3000+ (333 fsb)

P4 1.8Ghz 400fsb

> Abit KD7a (also 333 fsb)

Dell Dimension 8200, don't know exactly what board

> C-media 8738 sound

SB Live! PCI

> XP Pro (w/sp2)

ditto

> 80gig HD (7200rpm)

ditto (Seagate)

I guess my score is decent. I was worried b/c a lot of the test looked
like a slide show :)
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 12:20:35 AM

"SL" <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I got a score of 2185 on this:

I got 2550 on this.

512 PC 3200 @ 2x133

> 9800 pro (latest omegas)
9800 pro

> AMD 3000+ (333 fsb)
AMD 2100+ (266 fsb)

> Abit KD7a (also 333 fsb)

Soltek FRN2 Nforce2 board (266 fsb)

> C-media 8738 sound

Onboard sound
> XP Pro (w/sp2)
XP Pro (x/sp2)

> 80gig HD (7200rpm)
120gig HD (7200)

> Is this a decent score for this equipment? I havent purchased the full
> version yet, so I cannot compare versus others.
>
> thanks,
> SL

It is a fair score, could be room for improvement. Probably with your RAM.

December 10, 2004 12:20:36 AM

It does seem my ram is the weakest link. I know my board supports DDR 400
ram. Will the improvement of goint from 2100 to 3200 be that signifigant?

Thanks all,
SL
"cowboyz" <me@here.now> wrote in message

> "SL" <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I got a score of 2185 on this:
>
> I got 2550 on this.
>

>> 1 gig generic pc2100 ram
> 512 PC 3200 @ 2x133
>
>> 9800 pro (latest omegas)
> 9800 pro
>
>> AMD 3000+ (333 fsb)
> AMD 2100+ (266 fsb)
>
>> Abit KD7a (also 333 fsb)
>
> Soltek FRN2 Nforce2 board (266 fsb)
>
>> C-media 8738 sound
>
> Onboard sound
>> XP Pro (w/sp2)
> XP Pro (x/sp2)
>
>> 80gig HD (7200rpm)
> 120gig HD (7200)
>

>> Is this a decent score for this equipment? I havent purchased the full
>> version yet, so I cannot compare versus others.
>>
>> thanks,
>> SL
>

> It is a fair score, could be room for improvement. Probably with your
> RAM.

Anonymous
December 10, 2004 11:13:39 AM

SL wrote:
> It does seem my ram is the weakest link. I know my board supports
> DDR 400 ram. Will the improvement of goint from 2100 to 3200 be that
> signifigant?
> Thanks all,

There will be an improvement. if it is a "worth it" improvement or not is
only up to you to decide but by the time you sell the PC2100 and buy PC3200
it probably won't cost alot of change anyway.
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 3:56:37 AM

You might just as well reduce your system spec list to:

9800 pro (latest omegas)

3DMark is getting more and more useless as a whole. Though I do suggest you
find a serial number for it to run the other specialized tests (fill rate,
pixel shader, etc.).

!