Unistall old drivers?

When updating my ATI drivers, control panel etc. Should I uninstall the old
ones first?

It's recommended, but I've done several updates with out uninstalling first.
If you do not have the ATI driver CD in the computer,
the ATI DVD player may not work after updating.

mikea wrote:

> When updating my ATI drivers, control panel etc. Should I uninstall the old
> ones first?

99% of the time you can just install the newer ones over the older.

"mikea" <mikea@localhost.com> wrote in message
> When updating my ATI drivers, control panel etc. Should I uninstall the
> old ones first?

get from the ATi website their cat-uninstaller - one mouse click and every
piece of Ati software and driver(s) is gone. Very neat solution! Even better
than Driver Cleaner.