User login fails several times before Successful Login

I have a Windows 2003 AD Single Domain Foerest with Windows XP Pro clients.
The clients and servers are all up to date with updates. Several users have
difficulty logging in when they arrive in the morning. If they keep trying
after failed attempts they eventually are able to login. If I try to login
to one of these machinse in limbo as an administrator I am Immediatly
authenticated. I f I then logout and log back in as the user they can also
login immediately. There are no relevant Items in there event logs.
??????????

Thanks Rick
1 answer Last reply
More about user login fails times successful login

    Rick --

    Has the network properly initialized prior to the user's trying to login ???
    With XP fast boot, and the "right" combination of GPO settings, if the
    network is not initialized on the PC, they could not login ... If they try
    to login immediately when they get to the login script, and can't login, but
    then after, say 30-60 seconds, they can, this may be the case ... The GPO
    setting "Computer Settings | Administrative Templates | System | Logon |
    Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon" can control this
    behavior and correct the user symptoms you are seeing ... Or, I could be
    completely off base :-) ...

    "rroca" <oeb@homexperts.net> wrote in message
    > I have a Windows 2003 AD Single Domain Foerest with Windows XP Pro
    clients.
    > The clients and servers are all up to date with updates. Several users
    have
    > difficulty logging in when they arrive in the morning. If they keep
    trying
    > after failed attempts they eventually are able to login. If I try to
    login
    > to one of these machinse in limbo as an administrator I am Immediatly
    > authenticated. I f I then logout and log back in as the user they can
    also
    > login immediately. There are no relevant Items in there event logs.
    >
    > Thanks Rick

Login Windows Server 2003 Microsoft Windows XP