AIW 9000: which drivers?

After a catastrophic crash I needed to reinstall good part of an old machine sporting an
All-In-Wonder 9000 64MB.

I lost the original CD so I pulled down the latest drivers and the latest MMC.

After a few problems I managed to install the drivers and thje MultiMedia Center.

Problem is I do not have the choice to select the antenna input; only S-Video and Composite are
available.

The VideoTuner seems correctly installed.

I ran the tests and I had a couple of very funny fails:
It fails because I don't have an "Ati Video adapter", I merely have (next line) an "ATI
ALL-IN-WONDER 9000" (correct); same thing for the secondary video adapter.
Suggested action is to buy an Ati card :) :) :)

What's going on?

I installed wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-071-041026a-018719c.exe

Other problem is the DVD decoder refused to install because I can't find anymore the original CD. Is
there any other way to convince it I indeed have the right to use since I bought (some years ago)
the hardware the CD was boundled to?

Thanks in Advance
ZioNemo

ZioNemo wrote:
> After a catastrophic crash I needed to reinstall good part of an old
> machine sporting an All-In-Wonder 9000 64MB.
>
> I lost the original CD so I pulled down the latest drivers and the
> latest MMC.
> After a few problems I managed to install the drivers and thje
> MultiMedia Center.
> Problem is I do not have the choice to select the antenna input; only
> S-Video and Composite are available.
>
> The VideoTuner seems correctly installed.
>
> I ran the tests and I had a couple of very funny fails:
> It fails because I don't have an "Ati Video adapter", I merely have
> (next line) an "ATI ALL-IN-WONDER 9000" (correct); same thing for the
> secondary video adapter. Suggested action is to buy an Ati card :) :)
> :)
>
> What's going on?
>
> I installed wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-071-041026a-018719c.exe
>
> Other problem is the DVD decoder refused to install because I can't
> find anymore the original CD. Is there any other way to convince it I
> indeed have the right to use since I bought (some years ago) the
> hardware the CD was boundled to?
> Thanks in Advance
> ZioNemo

You need to download and install Direct X 9.0c that will sort out your
troubles.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0a9b6820-bfbb-4799-9908-d418cdeac197&displaylang=en

--
Tapioca

If you have nothing to do, then do nothing and enjoy it!

Tapioca wrote:
> ZioNemo wrote:
>
>>After a catastrophic crash I needed to reinstall good part of an old
>>machine sporting an All-In-Wonder 9000 64MB.
>>Other problem is the DVD decoder refused to install because I can't
>>find anymore the original CD. Is there any other way to convince it I
>>indeed have the right to use since I bought (some years ago) the
>>hardware the CD was boundled to?
>
> You need to download and install Direct X 9.0c that will sort out your
> troubles.
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0a9b6820-bfbb-4799-9908-d418cdeac197&displaylang=en
Thanks
It ran like a champ!

Any idea about the DVD problem?
It still refuses to install without the original CD.

Gratefully
ZioNemo