Unable to access wireless network tab of wireless network ..

antonio

Amigos

I am unable to access the wireless network tab and its contents although I can access the General Tab and the Advanced Tab in Wireless Network Connection Properties Window. Instead I get an error that sayas explorer.exe caused the error and the MOD in play was netshell.dll. Also, the executable which I presumed was by the hardware vendor BCMWLTRY.exe sometimes shows in the error message with either netshell.dll or ntdll.dll as the MOD involved.

I tried to just do a plain copy of the netshell.dll to the directory. I assume the problem is with netshell.dll. IS that the correct assumption ? Also, I couldn't copy it since it's in use. Is it a matter of just disabling all netowkr connections ?

Antonio

"Antonio" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Amigos
> I am unable to access the wireless network tab and its contents although I can access the General Tab and the Advanced
Tab in Wireless Network Connection Properties Window. Instead I get an error that sayas explorer.exe caused the error
and the MOD in play was netshell.dll. Also, the executable which I presumed was by the hardware vendor BCMWLTRY.exe
sometimes shows in the error message with either netshell.dll or ntdll.dll as the MOD involved.

Ok, could you check with the vendor it is their file or not...

> I tried to just do a plain copy of the netshell.dll to the directory. I assume the problem is with netshell.dll. IS
that the correct assumption ?

No. Nada.

> Is it a matter of just disabling all netowkr connections ?
No. Possible reasons are 1. Buggy WLAN device driver - check with the vendor for update; 2. some 3rd party software
interferes in communication between netshell.dll and the WLAN device driver.

Regards
--PA

TRENDING THREADS