Need help updating AIW driver

I recently installed an AIW 9800Pro and used the accompanying CD for the
drivers. I wanted to update the video driver *only* to the latest version,
so I downloaded the "Display Driver" (8.5 mb) file from the "Low Speed"
section of the ATI driver page. However, after I run that executable and
reboot the machine, Windows XP starts looking for all these "unkown
devices," which undoubtedly (?) are the drivers for all the other AIW
components - 6 in all. If I try to install those from the original cd, the
older video driver gets installed, too.

I think I'm missing something very simple, but it's late, and my brain's a
bit over-cooked right now. Can somebody help me out?

Thanks,

jakesnake
2 answers Last reply
More about need updating driver

    --

    It should find them to if you let it. Mine does anyway.
    Assuming tv tunner crossbar wdm stuff. If not there is a 'repair' choice in the

    :))
    Danny
    --end

    "jakesnake66" <jake@lycos.com> wrote in message
    >I recently installed an AIW 9800Pro and used the accompanying CD for the
    > drivers. I wanted to update the video driver *only* to the latest
    > version,
    > so I downloaded the "Display Driver" (8.5 mb) file from the "Low Speed"
    > section of the ATI driver page. However, after I run that executable and
    > reboot the machine, Windows XP starts looking for all these "unkown
    > devices," which undoubtedly (?) are the drivers for all the other AIW
    > components - 6 in all. If I try to install those from the original cd,
    > the
    > older video driver gets installed, too.
    >
    > I think I'm missing something very simple, but it's late, and my brain's a
    > bit over-cooked right now. Can somebody help me out?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > jakesnake

    The simplest way is just to download the "complete" Catalyst package of ~ 26
    MB or if you want to install the Microsoft .Net framework FIRST then the
    Catalyst Control Centre version is about 30 MB (+ the 21 MB or so for the
    ..Net download which windows update should offer you as an option). Links to
    both are on the left hand side of ATIs homepage www.ati.com .

    Paul

Radeon Video Driver Graphics