Asus X800XT PE lockup and reboots in Call Of Duty

I have read in previous posts that the 4.10 drivers were causing
problems with COD. Lets me play up to perhaps 5 min max. and then
locks up and reboots. I am running 4.11 and still have this issue.
Anyone else?

ASUS A8V Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 3500
OCZ Gold Edition Rev3 Dual Channel Kit 184-Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR
PC-3700
ASUS ATI RADEON X800 XT PE
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS GAMER LE
Sony DRU-540A DVD+/-RW Dual Format Recorder
TOSHIBA 16X DVD/48X CD ROM
PROMISE PCI to ATA Controller
ENERMAX 460W ATX Power Supply, Model "EG465P-VE FM
Seagate 120GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive

BigJim

possible heat problem
"Hawkeye" <Hawkeye__59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have read in previous posts that the 4.10 drivers were causing
> problems with COD. Lets me play up to perhaps 5 min max. and then
> locks up and reboots. I am running 4.11 and still have this issue.
> Anyone else?
>
> ASUS A8V Deluxe
> AMD Athlon 64 3500
> OCZ Gold Edition Rev3 Dual Channel Kit 184-Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR
> PC-3700
> ASUS ATI RADEON X800 XT PE
> Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS GAMER LE
> Sony DRU-540A DVD+/-RW Dual Format Recorder
> TOSHIBA 16X DVD/48X CD ROM
> PROMISE PCI to ATA Controller
> ENERMAX 460W ATX Power Supply, Model "EG465P-VE FM
> Seagate 120GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive

tonyc

"Hawkeye" <Hawkeye__59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have read in previous posts that the 4.10 drivers were causing
> problems with COD. Lets me play up to perhaps 5 min max. and then
> locks up and reboots. I am running 4.11 and still have this issue.
> Anyone else?
>
> ASUS A8V Deluxe
> AMD Athlon 64 3500
> OCZ Gold Edition Rev3 Dual Channel Kit 184-Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR
> PC-3700
> ASUS ATI RADEON X800 XT PE
> Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS GAMER LE
> Sony DRU-540A DVD+/-RW Dual Format Recorder
> TOSHIBA 16X DVD/48X CD ROM
> PROMISE PCI to ATA Controller
> ENERMAX 460W ATX Power Supply, Model "EG465P-VE FM
> Seagate 120GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive

I had same problem, solved now by installing 4.12beta. You'll find it's not
your hardware, but a driver/Punk Buster problem.

http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4701.html

Tony

>I had same problem, solved now by installing 4.12beta. You'll find it's not
>your hardware, but a driver/Punk Buster problem.
>
>http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4701.html

I initially installed 4.12 beta and being new to ATI drivers I wasnt
aware till a friend told me that the reason i was getting dialog for
unkown device x2 on boots was due to the 4.12 not having WDM Rage
Theater and codec in it.

So i am curious now if i over write the 4.11 with 4.12 beta if the WDM
Rage stuff will be fine

Ok went back to the 4.12beta and all is fine now thanks
System also retained the Rage theater and MVD codec that the Beta
doesnt have so they were found on installation of the beta this time
unlike initial build install where they werent

Chingy

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004

Get better cooling and check your powersupply 450 watts is good with good
brands like ANtec,thermaltek etc...

"Hawkeye" <Hawkeye__59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have read in previous posts that the 4.10 drivers were causing
> problems with COD. Lets me play up to perhaps 5 min max. and then
> locks up and reboots. I am running 4.11 and still have this issue.
> Anyone else?
>
> ASUS A8V Deluxe
> AMD Athlon 64 3500
> OCZ Gold Edition Rev3 Dual Channel Kit 184-Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR
> PC-3700
> ASUS ATI RADEON X800 XT PE
> Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS GAMER LE
> Sony DRU-540A DVD+/-RW Dual Format Recorder
> TOSHIBA 16X DVD/48X CD ROM
> PROMISE PCI to ATA Controller
> ENERMAX 460W ATX Power Supply, Model "EG465P-VE FM
> Seagate 120GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive

Have suffient cooling and a 460W supply as indicated below

>Get better cooling and check your powersupply 450 watts is good with good
>brands like ANtec,thermaltek etc...
>
>"Hawkeye" <Hawkeye__59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have read in previous posts that the 4.10 drivers were causing
>> problems with COD. Lets me play up to perhaps 5 min max. and then
>> locks up and reboots. I am running 4.11 and still have this issue.
>> Anyone else?
>>
>> ASUS A8V Deluxe
>> AMD Athlon 64 3500
>> OCZ Gold Edition Rev3 Dual Channel Kit 184-Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR
>> PC-3700
>> ASUS ATI RADEON X800 XT PE
>> Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS GAMER LE
>> Sony DRU-540A DVD+/-RW Dual Format Recorder
>> TOSHIBA 16X DVD/48X CD ROM
>> PROMISE PCI to ATA Controller
>> ENERMAX 460W ATX Power Supply, Model "EG465P-VE FM
>> Seagate 120GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive

Thomas

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003

Hawkeye wrote:
> Have suffient cooling and a 460W supply as indicated below
>
>> Get better cooling and check your powersupply 450 watts is good with
>> good brands like ANtec,thermaltek etc...
>>> ENERMAX 460W ATX Power Supply, Model "EG465P-VE FM

Are you guys a little bit shortsighted? ;-) He, for a change, indicates this
beautifully in his original post ;-)

Thomas

Yea i did my best not to give them the chance not to have to ask for
specs

Chingy

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004

Dude then check for cooling/ventilation....

Remove all cards except video cards and run some video bench marks eg games
benchs... for atleast an hour...