Unauthenticated network logon

I understand the rationale for default denial of access to peer net shares for unauthenticated (no password) logons, but surely there is a way of creating an exception for a specific shared folder.

What is it?

Thanks.

johnsuth@nospam.com.au wrote:
> I understand the rationale for default denial of access to peer net
> shares for unauthenticated (no password) logons, but surely there is
> a way of creating an exception for a specific shared folder.
>
> What is it?

Give the "everyone" group access and/or make it a web share and/or look into
enabling Null Session Shares..

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

In <#M1s#ekVFHA.928@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>, "Shenan Stanley" <newshelper@gmail.com> writes:
>johnsuth@nospam.com.au wrote:
>> I understand the rationale for default denial of access to peer net
>> shares for unauthenticated (no password) logons, but surely there is
>> a way of creating an exception for a specific shared folder.
>>
>> What is it?
>
>Give the "everyone" group access and/or make it a web share and/or look into
>enabling Null Session Shares..

Everyone was the answer. Thanks also for mentioning web share. Your suggestion gave me the impetus to look into it, and it may be helpful to me.

johnsuth wrote:
> Everyone was the answer. Thanks also for mentioning web share. Your
> suggestion gave me the impetus to look into it, and it may be helpful
> to me.

You are welcome.

--
Shenan Stanley