Securitry Center does not detect Antivirus Program

steven

I use Trend Micro Interney Security Software. Until recently, microsift
security center always detected it and everything was ok. But now, despite
having all updates installed , from both Microsft and Trend, security center
does not detect an antivirus program on my PC. The only option I have is to
select the little box that states I will monitor it myslef. Is there a way to
check if microsoft security center is reading my software correctly? Your
help would be greatly appreciated!!

Steve

You should check with Trend for this issue. The av software has to expose itself to the operating system, in order to be monitored. Some AV programs like to "hide" to prevent malicious programs from disabling it. This also prevents Windows from detecting that its installed.

Outside of that, what changes have you made to your system recently? Did this occur after an anti-virus update?

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Steven" <Steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C846F9F9-8814-4C0C-9F8D-9797FF999FA0@microsoft.com...
>I use Trend Micro Interney Security Software. Until recently, microsift
> security center always detected it and everything was ok. But now, despite
> having all updates installed , from both Microsft and Trend, security center
> does not detect an antivirus program on my PC. The only option I have is to
> select the little box that states I will monitor it myslef. Is there a way to
> check if microsoft security center is reading my software correctly? Your
> help would be greatly appreciated!!
>
> Steve

steven

Thanks Doug for your interest and support. I have witten to trend about the
issue, but speaking to them on the phone they say that it should work if I am
up to date with all updates, which I am. This started a few days ago, afer a
trend update, but at the same time there was a security notice that said I
needed to install new version of MSN messanger ( which I hardly ever use) but
it was the only way to get ride of the constant message appearing that there
was a security issue. After installing messenger 7.0, the security message
went away, but now security center does not detect either the firweall or
antivirus from Trend. I believe its something from Microsoft, but then againy
who knows?In the meantime I can disable security center from monitoring both
firewall and antivirus, but things like this drive me crazy!

"Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:

> You should check with Trend for this issue. The av software has to expose itself to the operating system, in order to be monitored. Some AV programs like to "hide" to prevent malicious programs from disabling it. This also prevents Windows from detecting that its installed.
>
> Outside of that, what changes have you made to your system recently? Did this occur after an anti-virus update?

> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
> http://www.dougknox.com
> --------------------------------
> --------------------------------
> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>
> "Steven" <Steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C846F9F9-8814-4C0C-9F8D-9797FF999FA0@microsoft.com...
> >I use Trend Micro Interney Security Software. Until recently, microsift
> > security center always detected it and everything was ok. But now, despite
> > having all updates installed , from both Microsft and Trend, security center
> > does not detect an antivirus program on my PC. The only option I have is to
> > select the little box that states I will monitor it myslef. Is there a way to
> > check if microsoft security center is reading my software correctly? Your
> > help would be greatly appreciated!!
> >
> > Steve

You could try re-installing Trend's anti-virus. Remove and reinstall. You should be disconnected from the internet, if at all possible, or at the very least ensure that your firewall is on.

"Steven" <Steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D1E2A03-2E6A-4CD6-9475-87159686AE7D@microsoft.com...
> Thanks Doug for your interest and support. I have witten to trend about the
> issue, but speaking to them on the phone they say that it should work if I am
> up to date with all updates, which I am. This started a few days ago, afer a
> trend update, but at the same time there was a security notice that said I
> needed to install new version of MSN messanger ( which I hardly ever use) but
> it was the only way to get ride of the constant message appearing that there
> was a security issue. After installing messenger 7.0, the security message
> went away, but now security center does not detect either the firweall or
> antivirus from Trend. I believe its something from Microsoft, but then againy
> who knows?In the meantime I can disable security center from monitoring both
> firewall and antivirus, but things like this drive me crazy!
>
> "Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> You should check with Trend for this issue. The av software has to expose itself to the operating system, in order to be monitored. Some AV programs like to "hide" to prevent malicious programs from disabling it. This also prevents Windows from detecting that its installed.
>>
>> Outside of that, what changes have you made to your system recently? Did this occur after an anti-virus update?
>>
>> --
>> Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security
>> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
>> http://www.dougknox.com
>> --------------------------------
>> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro
>> --------------------------------
>> Please reply only to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>>
>> "Steven" <Steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C846F9F9-8814-4C0C-9F8D-9797FF999FA0@microsoft.com...
>> >I use Trend Micro Interney Security Software. Until recently, microsift
>> > security center always detected it and everything was ok. But now, despite
>> > having all updates installed , from both Microsft and Trend, security center
>> > does not detect an antivirus program on my PC. The only option I have is to
>> > select the little box that states I will monitor it myslef. Is there a way to
>> > check if microsoft security center is reading my software correctly? Your
>> > help would be greatly appreciated!!
>> >
>> > Steve

TRENDING THREADS