Hi to all!
I've a 9700pro at 128MB..
my pc specs are:
Pentium IV 3.0GHz
1GB RAM DDR
160GB HD SATA
MOTHERBOARD Asus P4P800
NO pci-express

I wanna change my video card.. what's the best? i want to increase my
performance with doom3 and half-life2.. and far cry =))). I would more
performance in antialiasing and anysotropic filter.. can anyone helps me?
thx!

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:10:43 GMT, "Ale"
<alessandroalpi@methosystem.it> wrote:

> what's the best?

The ATI RADEON X800 XT PE is the best if mony is no issue. Love mine

Ale

thx!!!

"Hawkeye" <Hawkeye__59@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:10:43 GMT, "Ale"
> <alessandroalpi@methosystem.it> wrote:
>
> > what's the best?
>
> The ATI RADEON X800 XT PE is the best if mony is no issue. Love mine

Ale

and if money is an issue???

"Hawkeye" <Hawkeye__59@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:10:43 GMT, "Ale"
> <alessandroalpi@methosystem.it> wrote:
>
> > what's the best?
>
> The ATI RADEON X800 XT PE is the best if mony is no issue. Love mine

lol you must of checked the prices. Well lots of people still stand
firm behind the 9800 but thats no big leap from where you currently
are. As for what sits between the 9800 and the X800 others might
better help you. I will say that the X800 Pro is just under the 800
XP PE and is only a 20 mhz clock drop. I have heard of some people
updating the Pro's to PE speeds

Ale

and the differences between 9800pro and x600 xt?
> lol you must of checked the prices. Well lots of people still stand
> firm behind the 9800 but thats no big leap from where you currently
> are. As for what sits between the 9800 and the X800 others might
> better help you. I will say that the X800 Pro is just under the 800
> XP PE and is only a 20 mhz clock drop. I have heard of some people
> updating the Pro's to PE speeds

Ale

Remember that i've agp 8x interface.. not pci express

"Hawkeye" <Hawkeye__59@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> lol you must of checked the prices. Well lots of people still stand
> firm behind the 9800 but thats no big leap from where you currently
> are. As for what sits between the 9800 and the X800 others might
> better help you. I will say that the X800 Pro is just under the 800
> XP PE and is only a 20 mhz clock drop. I have heard of some people
> updating the Pro's to PE speeds

Thomas

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003

Ale wrote:
> and the differences between 9800pro and x600 xt?

The x600 xt is slower than your card. Anyway, the 9800 isnt more than 15%
faster than the 9700 pro... If you want an upgrade, get at least the x800
pro. I hear the x800 pro vivo can be turned into a PE...

Thomas

Ale

but i haven't pci express..

"Thomas" <thomas_@lycos.nl> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Ale wrote:
> > and the differences between 9800pro and x600 xt?
>
> The x600 xt is slower than your card. Anyway, the 9800 isnt more than 15%
> faster than the 9700 pro... If you want an upgrade, get at least the x800
> pro. I hear the x800 pro vivo can be turned into a PE...
>
> Thomas

It is avail in AGP im running an AGP X800 XP PE

Ale

i've seen now x700 xt..
difference between my card?

'cause maybe i take 9800 pro.. because 9800 xt is too expensive..

thx a lot i'm sorry for the disturb!

> It is avail in AGP im running an AGP X800 XP PE

"Ale" <alessandroalpi@methosystem.it> wrote in message

" but i would change 'cause my card is broken!! =) "

http://www.techreport.com/reviews/2004q3/radeon-x700xt/index.x?pg=1

" and i must have one!! so, i take the same card or 9800??? "

Forget 9___, and go to X___.

" and what are the differences between 128mb and 256?? "

For the 9___ series of cards, 256MB versions were overpriced, and not worth
the extra over the 128MB versions. However, the 256MB X700 XT is only a
little more expensive than a 128MB, and we are now moving towards games that
can utilise the extra 128MB.

Ale

ok.. i'm searching for xt700 xt 256mb but.. is there an agp version?
or only pci express?
can you tell me where i can buy that one?

"Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> "Ale" <alessandroalpi@methosystem.it> wrote in message
>
> " but i would change 'cause my card is broken!! =) "
>
> http://www.techreport.com/reviews/2004q3/radeon-x700xt/index.x?pg=1
>

> " and i must have one!! so, i take the same card or 9800??? "
>
> Forget 9___, and go to X___.
>

> " and what are the differences between 128mb and 256?? "
>
> For the 9___ series of cards, 256MB versions were overpriced, and not
worth
> the extra over the 128MB versions. However, the 256MB X700 XT is only a
> little more expensive than a 128MB, and we are now moving towards games
that
> can utilise the extra 128MB.

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The new line of cards that start with 'X', ( x800, x800pe , x600 etx)
designate they are pci-express cards

> ok.. i'm searching for xt700 xt 256mb but.. is there an agp version?
> or only pci express?
> can you tell me where i can buy that one?
>
> "Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> "Ale" <alessandroalpi@methosystem.it> wrote in message
>>
>> " but i would change 'cause my card is broken!! =) "
>>
>> http://www.techreport.com/reviews/2004q3/radeon-x700xt/index.x?pg=1
>>

>> " and i must have one!! so, i take the same card or 9800??? "
>>
>> Forget 9___, and go to X___.
>>

>> " and what are the differences between 128mb and 256?? "
>>
>> For the 9___ series of cards, 256MB versions were overpriced, and not
> worth
>> the extra over the 128MB versions. However, the 256MB X700 XT is only a
>> little more expensive than a 128MB, and we are now moving towards games
> that
>> can utilise the extra 128MB.

Glitch

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2004

Brad wrote:
> The new line of cards that start with 'X', ( x800, x800pe , x600 etx)
> designate they are pci-express cards

No X doesn't designate that the cards are Pci-express.It's just ATIs
naming.You have X800 in AGP don't you?
ATI stated that their PCI-to-AGP bridge will be finished by January and
that you can expect the AGP X700 by February so if you can wait untill
then get the X700XT 256 MB.But that card will be a minor upgrade to 9700PRO.
I'm using a 9700PRO at home and it's still a great card.It runs HL2 and
Doom 3 at 12x10 at Medium settings and 4xTAA and 8xAF.
The 98000PRO 256MB offers a minor 5-10% perf.upgrade over the 9700PRO
and the X700XT is in the same range,maybe a little better.
I'd recommend the X800 PRO VIVO that can be modded into XT(4 additional
pipes) and thus can gain over 1000 3Dmarks with the same clocks as the
PRO.With the XT speeds you can gain up to a whopping 2000 3Dmarks03 over
the PRO.

Ale

So.. if my 9700 is broken and i've 300? of budget..
i can take the x700pro or xt 256 now??? =)))
or i must wait until february?

"Glitch" <Glitch_120@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Brad wrote:
> > The new line of cards that start with 'X', ( x800, x800pe , x600 etx)
> > designate they are pci-express cards
> >

> No X doesn't designate that the cards are Pci-express.It's just ATIs
> naming.You have X800 in AGP don't you?
> ATI stated that their PCI-to-AGP bridge will be finished by January and
> that you can expect the AGP X700 by February so if you can wait untill
> then get the X700XT 256 MB.But that card will be a minor upgrade to
9700PRO.
> I'm using a 9700PRO at home and it's still a great card.It runs HL2 and
> Doom 3 at 12x10 at Medium settings and 4xTAA and 8xAF.
> The 98000PRO 256MB offers a minor 5-10% perf.upgrade over the 9700PRO
> and the X700XT is in the same range,maybe a little better.
> I'd recommend the X800 PRO VIVO that can be modded into XT(4 additional
> pipes) and thus can gain over 1000 3Dmarks with the same clocks as the
> PRO.With the XT speeds you can gain up to a whopping 2000 3Dmarks03 over
> the PRO.

Glitch

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2004

Ale wrote:
> So.. if my 9700 is broken and i've 300? of budget..
> i can take the x700pro or xt 256 now??? =)))
> or i must wait until february?

You'll have to wait until February for the AGP models,the PCI-E models
have been on the market from mid-October.But if you have a 300$ buget
then you might as well buy the newer X850PRO or the X850 that will cost
a little over 300$.But you'll also have to wait until February for the
AGP models.

TRENDING THREADS