customizing Welcome Screen in Fast User Switching

May 11, 2005 6:12:02 PM

I want to put a dialog window on top of the welcome screen under Fast User
Switching. I've tried hooking into logonui.exe with limited results. Is
there a way to do this?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 11, 2005 10:29:06 PM

You can only change the User Account pictures.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Cyrus" wrote:

| I want to put a dialog window on top of the welcome screen under Fast User
| Switching. I've tried hooking into logonui.exe with limited results. Is
| there a way to do this?

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0519-0, 05/09/2005
Tested on: 5/11/2005 6:29:07 PM
May 11, 2005 10:29:07 PM

That's not true. In fact, I can change several messages on the screen by
modifying the resources in logonui.exe.

I have a digital persona fingerprint reader that puts a window on top of the
welcome screen so I know it can be done, I just need some API pointers. I
would expect to be able to customize the logon just like I've done for the
domain logon screen using a custom Gina.dll. I can't find any documentation
on making this to work with Fast User Switching.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> You can only change the User Account pictures.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Cyrus" wrote:
>
> | I want to put a dialog window on top of the welcome screen under Fast User
> | Switching. I've tried hooking into logonui.exe with limited results. Is
> | there a way to do this?
>

> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 0519-0, 05/09/2005
> Tested on: 5/11/2005 6:29:07 PM

a b 8 Security
May 12, 2005 12:45:32 AM

Please visit the Windows XP Customize newsgroup:

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Cyrus" wrote:

| That's not true. In fact, I can change several messages on the screen by
| modifying the resources in logonui.exe.
|
| I have a digital persona fingerprint reader that puts a window on top of the
| welcome screen so I know it can be done, I just need some API pointers. I
| would expect to be able to customize the logon just like I've done for the
| domain logon screen using a custom Gina.dll. I can't find any documentation
| on making this to work with Fast User Switching.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0519-0, 05/09/2005
Tested on: 5/11/2005 8:45:33 PM