customizing Welcome Screen in Fast User Switching

I want to put a dialog window on top of the welcome screen under Fast User
Switching. I've tried hooking into logonui.exe with limited results. Is
there a way to do this?
3 answers Last reply
More about customizing screen fast user switching

    You can only change the User Account pictures.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Cyrus" wrote:

    | I want to put a dialog window on top of the welcome screen under Fast User
    | Switching. I've tried hooking into logonui.exe with limited results. Is
    | there a way to do this?

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0519-0, 05/09/2005
    Tested on: 5/11/2005 6:29:07 PM

    That's not true. In fact, I can change several messages on the screen by
    modifying the resources in logonui.exe.

    I have a digital persona fingerprint reader that puts a window on top of the
    welcome screen so I know it can be done, I just need some API pointers. I
    would expect to be able to customize the logon just like I've done for the
    domain logon screen using a custom Gina.dll. I can't find any documentation
    on making this to work with Fast User Switching.

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > You can only change the User Account pictures.
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Cyrus" wrote:
    >
    > | I want to put a dialog window on top of the welcome screen under Fast User
    > | Switching. I've tried hooking into logonui.exe with limited results. Is
    > | there a way to do this?
    >

    > ---
    > Virus Database (VPS): 0519-0, 05/09/2005
    > Tested on: 5/11/2005 6:29:07 PM

    Please visit the Windows XP Customize newsgroup:

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Cyrus" wrote:

    | That's not true. In fact, I can change several messages on the screen by
    | modifying the resources in logonui.exe.
    |
    | I have a digital persona fingerprint reader that puts a window on top of the
    | welcome screen so I know it can be done, I just need some API pointers. I
    | would expect to be able to customize the logon just like I've done for the
    | domain logon screen using a custom Gina.dll. I can't find any documentation
    | on making this to work with Fast User Switching.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0519-0, 05/09/2005
    Tested on: 5/11/2005 8:45:33 PM

Security Microsoft Dialog Windows XP