SHARING AN EXTERNAL USB 2.0 DRIVE

I have a Linksys Wireless Router and 2 computers networked... 1 wireless and 1 with an ethernet card. Everything works fine...both computers can share files with no problems. My problem is that I have an external USB 2.0 80 gig drive hooked up as well. The wireless computer can see the shared external drive but when I have the external drive on the wireless computer, the other computer cannot access the external drive. They all show up in "Netwotk Places". My USB flash cards WORK FINE either way as well. Cannot seem to understand why the external drive cannot be accessed from the wireless computer. "ERROR MSG: \\hp\f is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions." "ALSO IS SAYS: Not enough server storage is available to process this command." I am the administrator ... I have XP home edition and I am logged in as admin with all permissions. The external drive works well on both computers without any storage errors!!!. Please help.... Thanks

Do you have a firewall on the wireless connection, that disables file sharing?

--PA

"WW8" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29224F79-1EE9-4959-964C-E03AA773C37D@microsoft.com...
> I have a Linksys Wireless Router and 2 computers networked... 1 wireless and 1 with an ethernet card. Everything works
fine...both computers can share files with no problems. My problem is that I have an external USB 2.0 80 gig drive
hooked up as well. The wireless computer can see the shared external drive but when I have the external drive on the
wireless computer, the other computer cannot access the external drive. They all show up in "Netwotk Places". My USB
flash cards WORK FINE either way as well. Cannot seem to understand why the external drive cannot be accessed from the
wireless computer. "ERROR MSG: \\hp\f is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource.
Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions." "ALSO IS SAYS: Not enough
server storage is available to process this command." I am the administrator ... I have XP home edition and I am logged
in as admin with all permissions. The external drive works well on both computers without any storage errors!!!.
Please help.... Thanks

It seems it is not due to a network problem but probably due to your
antivirus program or another which might have modify a registry entry.

Complete analysis, details and solution at the following address:
http://dly.free.fr/site/ecrire/articles.php3?id_article=34

--
demoalt