4.12s out. I've gone for the ones without the control centre (more bother
than it's worth)

Hootsman

"Hootsman" <snospam.dunnospam@lineone1.net> wrote in message
> 4.12s out. I've gone for the ones without the control centre (more bother
> than it's worth)

I've also gotten by just fine without the new control centre. I have yet to
download a driver set which even includes it! That said, since I have a
9800 Pro and most of the previous driver bugs seem to only affect X800
cards, I'll probably skip this new driver set and wait for the 5.0's to come
out in January. All the games I've tried thus far work fine with the
4.11's, so I'm not going to try and fix what isn't broken!

"Hootsman" <snospam.dunnospam@lineone1.net> wrote in message
> 4.12s out. I've gone for the ones without the control centre (more bother
> than it's worth)
>
> Hootsman

There are also new beta drivers for Windows XP 64-bit Edition out, which
seem to be a version of the Catalyst 4.12 drivers as well.

Vellu

NightSky 421 kirjoitti:
> "Hootsman" <snospam.dunnospam@lineone1.net> wrote in message
>
>>4.12s out. I've gone for the ones without the control centre (more bother
>>than it's worth)

Me too. Tried it once, biggest piece of bloatware I've ever seen. Does
the same things that the old display properties applet, but takes up
heck of a lot more space and takes forever to load.

> I've also gotten by just fine without the new control centre. I have yet to
> download a driver set which even includes it! That said, since I have a
> 9800 Pro and most of the previous driver bugs seem to only affect X800
> cards, I'll probably skip this new driver set and wait for the 5.0's to come
> out in January. All the games I've tried thus far work fine with the
> 4.11's, so I'm not going to try and fix what isn't broken!

Pluvious

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:22:13 +0200, vellu <velimala@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>NightSky 421 kirjoitti:
>> "Hootsman" <snospam.dunnospam@lineone1.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>4.12s out. I've gone for the ones without the control centre (more bother
>>>than it's worth)
>>>

>Me too. Tried it once, biggest piece of bloatware I've ever seen. Does
>the same things that the old display properties applet, but takes up
>heck of a lot more space and takes forever to load.

......and.. it requires microsofts .net to be installed as well.

>> I've also gotten by just fine without the new control centre. I have yet to
>> download a driver set which even includes it! That said, since I have a
>> 9800 Pro and most of the previous driver bugs seem to only affect X800
>> cards, I'll probably skip this new driver set and wait for the 5.0's to come
>> out in January. All the games I've tried thus far work fine with the
>> 4.11's, so I'm not going to try and fix what isn't broken!

testing them in EQ 2 . no problems after 6 hrs of gameing.
have not played the bench mark test game i prefer real games.

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com