grant power users access to firewall controls

I don't want my users installing apps but they should be able to turn on and
off the firewall. is there a way to give them this ability?
3 answers Last reply
More about grant power users access firewall controls

    totoro wrote:
    || I don't want my users installing apps but they should be able to
    || turn on and off the firewall.

    Why? Turning off the firewall is a security risk.

    --
    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

    sometimes its required to troubleshoot netwrok services such as printing and
    scanning images. we have a xerox large format scanner that the Firewall will
    not accept as an exception. to use it the administrator has to turn off the
    firewall. I would rather the user turned it on and off on demand, rather than
    me deciding either I turn it off permanantly or the scanner resource (which
    is unique and very useful) is no longer availalble permanently.

    totoro wrote:
    > sometimes its required to troubleshoot netwrok services such as
    > printing and scanning images. we have a xerox large format scanner
    > that the Firewall will not accept as an exception. to use it the
    > administrator has to turn off the firewall. I would rather the user
    > turned it on and off on demand, rather than me deciding either I turn
    > it off permanantly or the scanner resource (which is unique and very
    > useful) is no longer availalble permanently.

    >> Why? Turning off the firewall is a security risk.

    If you are talking about the Windows firewall, perhaps it's time to consider
    an alternative?

Security Firewalls Power Microsoft Windows XP