How to replace 9700 with 9800

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

My radeon 9700 is not well!
So I've got hold of a 9800 Pro.

Apart from swapping the cards in my PC :)
what do I need to do regarding the Cat drivers?

Do I need to uninstall the whole lot, remove the 9700, add the 9800
and then re-install the drivers?

Or can I simply plug and play.

If it makes any difference, I'm using Cats which are a probably
about 2 months old.

Pete

"Pete" <nothere@notthere.either> wrote in message
> My radeon 9700 is not well!
> So I've got hold of a 9800 Pro.
>
> Apart from swapping the cards in my PC :)
> what do I need to do regarding the Cat drivers?
>
> Do I need to uninstall the whole lot, remove the 9700, add the 9800
> and then re-install the drivers?
>
> Or can I simply plug and play.
>
> If it makes any difference, I'm using Cats which are a probably
> about 2 months old.
>
> Pete

Since you are already using cat drivers I would just plug it in, boot and
download the latest drivers to update the 9800. That should do it. If that
doesn't work then just uninstall the old drivers and reinstall the new
anyways. You'll be alright! :)

geoff

Pete wrote:
> My radeon 9700 is not well!
> So I've got hold of a 9800 Pro.
>
> Apart from swapping the cards in my PC :)
> what do I need to do regarding the Cat drivers?
>
> Do I need to uninstall the whole lot, remove the 9700, add the 9800
> and then re-install the drivers?
>
> Or can I simply plug and play.
>
> If it makes any difference, I'm using Cats which are a probably
> about 2 months old.
>
> Pete

take card out, put card in, boot windows, it will detect new card, load
whatever cat drivers you have installed, you may want to reboot, you
shouldn't have to though really