Sign in with
Your question

Australia is relatively Zombie free.

Tags:
  • World News
Last response: in News & Leisure
April 12, 2012 10:05:43 AM

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/technology/australia-a...

Pretty safe here in the West ... doesn't look good for the Eastern States though.

We only have one small isolated Zombie haven in Perth and it is at Murdoch University ... last week there were nerf rounds flying everywhere ... bar the tav and the library.

:) 

More about : australia zombie free

April 12, 2012 10:50:07 AM

Eastern states look fine.

Imma drive to Canberra.

Population: Gillard, Abott and Brown.

:D 

(Gillard and Abott don't count as humans, and Bob Brown photosynthesises.)
April 12, 2012 1:14:33 PM

We have plenty of churches in Adelaide, big crucifix, sharp wood stake and garlic neck... oh wait, this is a zombie attack. Run! I think I will be save in the posh suburb east of Adelaide. The posh zombies probably like their brain medium rare. Mine is all fried.
Related resources
April 12, 2012 2:01:58 PM

^ I like her outfit.

Very nice.
April 12, 2012 2:11:48 PM

Too over priced. ColdSteel, while not as niche market cool, are cheaper and effective.
April 12, 2012 2:14:30 PM

That's Conan the Barbarian type steel. Check out the video of him chopping a Chevy truck hood in half. No blade damage at all.
April 12, 2012 2:56:15 PM

Heheh I like the term "relatively" zombie proof.

I would like to make an argument that a mace would be the most efficient zombie killing tool. It never needs to be sharpened, and who uses blades to crush heads.
April 12, 2012 3:19:30 PM

wanamingo said:
Heheh I like the term "relatively" zombie proof.

I would like to make an argument that a mace would be the most efficient zombie killing tool. It never needs to be sharpened, and who uses blades to crush heads.

How about one of each? :) 
April 12, 2012 3:35:19 PM

A mace is a bit clumsy. Sure, going one on one it'll work fine.. but taking on a couple at a time. A mace wouldn't be my first choice. I'd prefer a sword.
April 12, 2012 3:39:59 PM

I really like The Deuce on that zombie tools page. If I had a few hundred buck to blow i'd pick that up. The Mack Daddy is also pretty cool. You could cleave a zombie in two with those suckers.
April 12, 2012 3:55:45 PM

I'll stick to my guns. Got enough ammo to last long after being tired from swinging.
April 12, 2012 3:57:33 PM

Dont forget, gunshots attract more zombies. At least according to The Walking Dead. ;) 
April 12, 2012 4:57:13 PM

I have this idea about how long a zombie could survive in the wild.....

So we know zombies have poor balance and aren't very sturdy on their feet. How often do you think they fall over? A few trips here or there and Im sure they would live. But a tumble down a hill or even a 10 foot fall will break bones and maybe they would even experience some head trauma and "kill" themselves. If they arent mobile this idea wont work but in the Walking Dead we do see them on the move more often than not.

Its really a numbers game after a while. How many times can a zombie fall down before they are crippled to the point of not being a danger or bump their head and kill themselves.

April 12, 2012 6:23:31 PM

wanamingo said:
I have this idea about how long a zombie could survive in the wild.....

So we know zombies have poor balance and aren't very sturdy on their feet. How often do you think they fall over? A few trips here or there and Im sure they would live. But a tumble down a hill or even a 10 foot fall will break bones and maybe they would even experience some head trauma and "kill" themselves. If they arent mobile this idea wont work but in the Walking Dead we do see them on the move more often than not.

Its really a numbers game after a while. How many times can a zombie fall down before they are crippled to the point of not being a danger or bump their head and kill themselves.

True.

Wouldn't they also all eventually decompose? Including their muscles? They would up just a mass of skeletons scattered around everywhere. Assuming you could live long enough to witness such a sight. :) 
April 12, 2012 6:24:47 PM

@jaydee

:lol: 

I remember that episode. Seeing Chris Farley and Phil Hartman in the same skit, man that brought back memories.
April 12, 2012 6:28:09 PM

Weve lost some great ones along the way, plus Belushi and sorrowfully Candy as well
April 13, 2012 10:30:13 AM

I prefer regular daos.

:) 
April 13, 2012 10:42:38 AM

I need the long pole. I recommend you to get a weapon with a long pole as well. You don't want to be too close with the zombie.

Watch 28 days later and 28 weeks later. The body fluid from the zombies are infectious.
April 13, 2012 1:49:47 PM

Oldmangamer_73 said:
Dont forget, gunshots attract more zombies. At least according to The Walking Dead. ;) 

All the more to shoot. :) 

I just found out last night I live next to a certified badass. I'm going to take taking instructions from him. The guy has done everything and his friends are the instructors on Top Shot.
April 13, 2012 1:53:20 PM

riser said:
All the more to shoot. :) 

I just found out last night I live next to a certified badass. I'm going to take taking instructions from him. The guy has done everything and his friends are the instructors on Top Shot.

Hell yeah! Take full advantage of that. I took a tactical handgun course years ago. It was 3 days and I learned a hell of a lot. Shooting accurately in awkward body positions, shooting on the run, out of breath, all kinds of shooting situations you could find yourself in, like drawing and shooting when sitting in a vehicle. It was really good stuff.
April 13, 2012 2:18:51 PM

I did some tactical rifle training.. and I spent a couple hours last night talking to this guy. His passion to explaining and instructing was like nothing I saw before. He was explaining every little concept and why with example.

I have a feeling I'm going to learn a lot more than I could ever expect.
April 15, 2012 11:14:20 AM

Now I think a flame thrower will probably work best.

Large area of damage, reasonable range, fuel in every gas station and silent.

!