Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Closed

What is Windows 8 OEM?

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Windows 8
  • OEM
Last response: in Windows 8
November 9, 2012 7:07:54 PM

What is Windows 8 64-bit OEM? And is this the version of Windows 8 I need for building a new computer?

More about : windows oem

Best solution

a b * Windows 8
November 9, 2012 7:15:00 PM

tomminater said:
What is Windows 8 64-bit OEM? And is this the version of Windows 8 I need for building a new computer?


OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer

Its the same code - as retail version of windows... but it has limitations.
Retail you get 32 and 64 bit disks and you can choose which one you want
OEM you chose when you purchase and you are stuck with it.
OEM you get no support from microsoft... the manufacturer is expected to support.

Even though you mention OEM.. the version of Windows is more described by if its a "home" version... "Professional" etc...

Go the MS web site to see different versions of Win 8... but each version - will probably have an "OEM" varient...
Which will be cheaper... becuase it has the limitiations.

Anyway - I done enough... sure you can google the rest.
Cheers
Share
January 10, 2013 9:28:21 PM

tomminater said:
What is Windows 8 64-bit OEM? And is this the version of Windows 8 I need for building a new computer?


If you're building a computer, then you'll need the OEM version. I'm not quite sure what it means though...
Score
0
Related resources
a b * Windows 8
January 10, 2013 11:00:12 PM

bj873 said:
If you're building a computer, then you'll need the OEM version. I'm not quite sure what it means though...


Holy Crap... how can you post such crap after my reply? You a Troll?
FFS... This site is really going downhill with so many noob posts :( 
Score
0
January 27, 2013 12:28:06 PM

Lol
Score
0
February 2, 2013 11:29:42 PM

Best answer selected by tomminater.
Score
0
April 3, 2013 11:57:46 PM

yoji said:
bj873 said:
If you're building a computer, then you'll need the OEM version. I'm not quite sure what it means though...


Holy Crap... how can you post such crap after my reply? You a Troll?
FFS... This site is really going downhill with so many noob posts :( 


Listen mate, this site IS for noobs. Have some respect and give the guy a quick reply and don't be such a dick about it! People like me come to threads like this to get a reliable answer from people not answers that are rude. People come here to learn.
Score
0