Any Good HL2 Multiplayer Maps?

Last response: in Video Games
January 26, 2005 2:48:43 PM

I'm sick of the prison map, the outside map, and Crossfire. Can you guys
recommend some other good maps for HL2 deathmatch? Whenever I try a random
one, it's just a big box with powerups lying around.

TIA

--
Tweek
Anonymous

"Tweek" wrote

> I'm sick of the prison map, the outside map, and Crossfire. Can you guys
> recommend some other good maps for HL2 deathmatch? Whenever I try a random
> one, it's just a big box with powerups lying around.

http://www.keved.com/

Look at the snarkpit
eg
http://www.snarkpit.com/maps.php?map=1554

- Peter
January 27, 2005 12:42:19 AM

"Peter Lykkegaard" <polonline@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Tweek" wrote
>
>> I'm sick of the prison map, the outside map, and Crossfire. Can you guys
>> recommend some other good maps for HL2 deathmatch? Whenever I try a
>> random
>> one, it's just a big box with powerups lying around.
>>
> http://www.keved.com/
>
> Look at the snarkpit
> eg
> http://www.snarkpit.com/maps.php?map=1554

Um... oh what was it.... oh yes, Gasworks!! Now there's a good 'un....
;-)))

rat
January 27, 2005 4:32:22 AM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:54:09 +0100, "Peter Lykkegaard"
<polonline@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Tweek" wrote
>
>> I'm sick of the prison map, the outside map, and Crossfire. Can you guys
>> recommend some other good maps for HL2 deathmatch? Whenever I try a random
>> one, it's just a big box with powerups lying around.
>>
>http://www.keved.com/
>
>Look at the snarkpit
>eg
>http://www.snarkpit.com/maps.php?map=1554
>
>- Peter

Battersea power station :)

--
steve <AT> steveevans <DOT> org
Anonymous

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:48:43 -0500, "Tweek" <comeon@dood.com> wrote:

>I'm sick of the prison map, the outside map, and Crossfire. Can you guys
>recommend some other good maps for HL2 deathmatch? Whenever I try a random
>one, it's just a big box with powerups lying around.
>
>TIA

Thats killbox...don't knock killbox!

--
steve <AT> steveevans <DOT> org
Anonymous

"Tweek" wrote

> I'm sick of the prison map, the outside map, and Crossfire. Can you guys
> recommend some other good maps for HL2 deathmatch? Whenever I try a random
> one, it's just a big box with powerups lying around.

Hmm I wonder if this dm_trainstation is playable on your rigs?
It's a dm map converted from the first sp level in which our hero arrives to
city 17

The huge arrival hall is challenging my far from adequate pc (unplayable)
If this runs reasonable I have a pretty good pointer what to do in my own dm
map ;-)

I will also give dm_trainstation a try on a less challenged rig :-)

- Peter
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 11:34:38 PM

"Peter Lykkegaard" wrote

> I will also give dm_trainstation a try on a less challenged rig :-)

Bugger I feel a little ripped off :-)
No it's not Waldo who has release this map
However Valve did release the source to this SP map
And someone did DM conversion

The map is not compiled correctly and lacks some quality in the hastily
added "new" areas

- Peter
!