stupid cat driver filenames

geoff

wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-082-041130a-019577c.exe

why can't ati use a simple filenaming convention, sheesh

wxp-w2k-catalyst-4-12.exe

there, SIMPLE, why the big long stupid number
and no, i don't care what ati uses for internal filenames, i want files that
say what they are, not some stupid number that means nothing to me
whatsoever

really though the best i get make out of that is the date 30/11/04 (uk, not
us format)
:)

Andrew

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 22:33:15 -0000, "Geoff" <fooooooool@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>there, SIMPLE, why the big long stupid number
>and no, i don't care what ati uses for internal filenames, i want files that
>say what they are, not some stupid number that means nothing to me
>whatsoever

Then save them with whatever filename makes sense to you, it isn't
rocket science.

> why can't ati use a simple filenaming convention, sheesh
>
> wxp-w2k-catalyst-4-12.exe
>
> there, SIMPLE, why the big long stupid number
> and no, i don't care what ati uses for internal filenames, i want files
> that say what they are, not some stupid number that means nothing to me
> whatsoever
>
> really though the best i get make out of that is the date 30/11/04 (uk,
> not us format)

You can rename it when you download it so at least it'll be recognizable on
your system.

Tom Lake

"Geoff" <fooooooool@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-082-041130a-019577c.exe
>
> why can't ati use a simple filenaming convention, sheesh
>
> wxp-w2k-catalyst-4-12.exe
>
> there, SIMPLE, why the big long stupid number
> and no, i don't care what ati uses for internal filenames, i want files
> that say what they are, not some stupid number that means nothing to me
> whatsoever
>
> really though the best i get make out of that is the date 30/11/04 (uk,
> not us format)
> :)

How hard is it to change the name when the "Save to Disk" screen pops up ?

geoff

NDF wrote:
> "Geoff" <fooooooool@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-082-041130a-019577c.exe
>>
>> why can't ati use a simple filenaming convention, sheesh
>>
>> wxp-w2k-catalyst-4-12.exe
>>
>> there, SIMPLE, why the big long stupid number
>> and no, i don't care what ati uses for internal filenames, i want
>> files that say what they are, not some stupid number that means
>> nothing to me whatsoever
>>
>> really though the best i get make out of that is the date 30/11/04
>> (uk, not us format)
>> :)
>>

> How hard is it to change the name when the "Save to Disk" screen pops
> up ?

after a few cat driver downloads, you try digging out the latest one
as if i should even *have* to rename it, nvidia use versioned filename that
make sense

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_66.93
66.93_win2kxp_english.exe

ok, it doesn't have forceware written in it, but at least you can find the
latest one easy enough

and before you say it, yes i was bored while downloading drivers :)

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You can always tell an idiot, you just can't tell him much.

Geoff wrote:

> wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-082-041130a-019577c.exe
>
> why can't ati use a simple filenaming convention, sheesh
>
> wxp-w2k-catalyst-4-12.exe
>
> there, SIMPLE, why the big long stupid number
> and no, i don't care what ati uses for internal filenames, i want
> files that say what they are, not some stupid number that means
> nothing to me whatsoever
>
> really though the best i get make out of that is the date 30/11/04
> (uk, not us format)
> :)

Since when has the UK specified dates in reverse order? Neither the UK nor
the US does this, but if you stop to think about it for a moment the reason
for this particular presentation of date is obvious.

/mel/

> really though the best i get make out of that is the date 30/11/04 (uk,
not
> us format)
> :)

Y-M-D is better. Makes for MUCH easier sorting.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

"Noozer" <dontspam@me.here> wrote in message

> > really though the best i get make out of that is the date 30/11/04 (uk,
> not
> > us format)
> > :)
>

> Y-M-D is better. Makes for MUCH easier sorting.

He meant that in "US format" it would have been Y-D-M which is
as useless as M-D-Y :)

Jez

/mel/ wrote:
> Geoff wrote:
>

>>wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-082-041130a-019577c.exe
>>
>>why can't ati use a simple filenaming convention, sheesh
>>
>>wxp-w2k-catalyst-4-12.exe
>>
>>there, SIMPLE, why the big long stupid number
>>and no, i don't care what ati uses for internal filenames, i want
>>files that say what they are, not some stupid number that means
>>nothing to me whatsoever
>>
>>really though the best i get make out of that is the date 30/11/04
>>(uk, not us format)
>>:)
>

> Since when has the UK specified dates in reverse order?

We don't...today is December 16, 2004, which we in the UK would write as:
16/12/04

--
Jez
'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable

Skype callto://hellward
NFS Porsche Unleashed, Hot Pursuit 2, Underground.
Yeowww