Downloads from the internet are blocked

When I try to download software form the internet, the system gives a
security alert "Your current security settings do not allow this file to be
downloaded". Upon clicking OK the whole operation is cancelled. I cannot
therefore download any software from any site at the moment.
I am running Windows XP home edition with SP2 and Norton Internet Security
2005 with Norton anti-virus software.
Can anyone tell me how I can enable software downloads?
1 answer Last reply
More about downloads internet blocked

    Go to the "activeX" part of the security settings.
    Change the settings to either enable or prompt on the IE setting ensuring
    that the icon is highlighted.
    At the bottom of the page you will see a drop down box select meduim & this
    should change your restrictions,
    --
    blonde!

    "Golf Tango" wrote:

    > When I try to download software form the internet, the system gives a
    > security alert "Your current security settings do not allow this file to be
    > downloaded". Upon clicking OK the whole operation is cancelled. I cannot
    > therefore download any software from any site at the moment.
    > I am running Windows XP home edition with SP2 and Norton Internet Security
    > 2005 with Norton anti-virus software.
    > Can anyone tell me how I can enable software downloads?

Security Software Internet Windows XP