Ruteger

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2004

I receive this error message when copying a profile:

Profile Error
Failed to set security on the destination profile. Error - Access is denied.

I am logging in to the local XP SP2 workstation as an Administrator and
using a this separate admin account to copy the profile to the newly added
domain profile. Tried to copy to another account and still received the same
error. Any ideas?

Thanks,

There could be several reasons:
1) Are you using a domain admin, since you are trying to copy over a domain
profile?
2) Is the profile you are copying a domain profile, again since you are
trying to copy over a domain profile?

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

"Ruteger" <Ruteger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I receive this error message when copying a profile:
>
> Profile Error
> Failed to set security on the destination profile. Error - Access is
> denied.
>
> I am logging in to the local XP SP2 workstation as an Administrator and
> using a this separate admin account to copy the profile to the newly added
> domain profile. Tried to copy to another account and still received the
> same
> error. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,

Ruteger

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2004

Q,

I have the user login to the domain to create their domain profile in
docs/settings. Then I have the user logout. Next, I login as a domain admin
to copy their local profile to their newly-created domain profile, and this
annoying error appears. I also tried to login as the local admin to copy
profiles, but still get the same error message.

I even tried to copy the user's local profile to my own domain profile with
the same results.

I've done dozens of these procedures and this is the first one to exhibit
this error. I'm stumped...