Error Copying Profile

I receive this error message when copying a profile:

Profile Error
Failed to set security on the destination profile. Error - Access is denied.

I am logging in to the local XP SP2 workstation as an Administrator and
using a this separate admin account to copy the profile to the newly added
domain profile. Tried to copy to another account and still received the same
error. Any ideas?

Thanks,
2 answers Last reply
More about error copying profile

    There could be several reasons:
    1) Are you using a domain admin, since you are trying to copy over a domain
    profile?
    2) Is the profile you are copying a domain profile, again since you are
    trying to copy over a domain profile?

    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

    http://www.google.com
    Google is your "Friend"

    "Ruteger" <Ruteger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I receive this error message when copying a profile:
    >
    > Profile Error
    > Failed to set security on the destination profile. Error - Access is
    > denied.
    >
    > I am logging in to the local XP SP2 workstation as an Administrator and
    > using a this separate admin account to copy the profile to the newly added
    > domain profile. Tried to copy to another account and still received the
    > same
    > error. Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,

    Q,

    I have the user login to the domain to create their domain profile in
    docs/settings. Then I have the user logout. Next, I login as a domain admin
    to copy their local profile to their newly-created domain profile, and this
    annoying error appears. I also tried to login as the local admin to copy
    profiles, but still get the same error message.

    I even tried to copy the user's local profile to my own domain profile with
    the same results.

    I've done dozens of these procedures and this is the first one to exhibit
    this error. I'm stumped...

    "Star Fleet Admiral Q" wrote:

    > There could be several reasons:
    > 1) Are you using a domain admin, since you are trying to copy over a domain
    > profile?
    > 2) Is the profile you are copying a domain profile, again since you are
    > trying to copy over a domain profile?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!
    >
    > http://www.google.com
    > Google is your "Friend"
    >
    > "Ruteger" <Ruteger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I receive this error message when copying a profile:
    > >
    > > Profile Error
    > > Failed to set security on the destination profile. Error - Access is
    > > denied.
    > >
    > > I am logging in to the local XP SP2 workstation as an Administrator and
    > > using a this separate admin account to copy the profile to the newly added
    > > domain profile. Tried to copy to another account and still received the
    > > same
    > > error. Any ideas?
    > >
    > > Thanks,

Security Microsoft Error Message Windows XP