Is Computer Administrator role in XP Pro same as System Ad..

I have problems on database connection on MS SQL Server using System
Administrator role. The system is Window XP Pro, which has only Computer
Administrator role, no System Administrator role. Are they same in XP Pro?

Please help. I will appreciate it.
1 answer Last reply
More about computer administrator role system

    XIAN HUA LI wrote:
    > I have problems on database connection on MS SQL Server using System
    > Administrator role. The system is Window XP Pro, which has only Computer
    > Administrator role, no System Administrator role. Are they same in XP Pro?
    >
    > Please help. I will appreciate it.

    "System Administrator," a.k.a. the "SA" login name is specific to
    SQL Server. There is no "SA" for the operating system, per se, although
    the OS's Administrator account is equivalent, as far as privileges go.
    So, even if you're logged in to the OS as Administrator, you'll still
    have a separate "SA" login account for SQL Server. The OS's login
    credentials cannot normally be passed on to or used to log into SQL.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm