Memory Heatsinks?

I know a place where I can get small heatsinks that will fit onto the
bare memory chips on my video card, but I was wondering how one goes
about attaching them?

I can't drill holes into the board, because I can see circuit tracings
nearby.

I can't very well drill holes into the chips themselves

Heatsink compound works short term, but the sinks just slide off once
the memory heats up.

I guess glue is the only option, but is there some special type that
is intended for this purpose? The Radioshack guys say Epoxy or crazy
glue, but I tend not to believe anything I hear from Radioshack clerks
without outside confirmation.

MCheu

1. The producer of Arctic Silver and Arctic Alumina also sells epoxy
variants of these thermal grease. Find it online in most
overclocking-friendly shops. The adhesive is permanent, but you can reduce
the strength of it by mixing it 50/50 with regular thermal grease.

2. Use regular thermal grease, but dab a small drop of crazy glue on two
opposing corners of each memory chip.

"MCheu" <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I know a place where I can get small heatsinks that will fit onto the
> bare memory chips on my video card, but I was wondering how one goes
> about attaching them?
>
> I can't drill holes into the board, because I can see circuit tracings
> nearby.
>
> I can't very well drill holes into the chips themselves
>
> Heatsink compound works short term, but the sinks just slide off once
> the memory heats up.
>
> I guess glue is the only option, but is there some special type that
> is intended for this purpose? The Radioshack guys say Epoxy or crazy
> glue, but I tend not to believe anything I hear from Radioshack clerks
> without outside confirmation.
>
> MCheu

Taking a moment's reflection, MCheu mused:

| I know a place where I can get small heatsinks that will fit onto the
| bare memory chips on my video card, but I was wondering how one goes
| about attaching them?

Since the answer has been provided, I will caution you that you may
actually make the memory chips hotter by putting heatsinks on them. There
have been a few tests with motherboard RAM heatsinks that show that, unless
there is air actually circulating around the RAM, the heatsinks trap heat
near the RAM chips instead of dissipating it.